Chapter 04 : Army of Void

More years had passed since the day Fraische opened up to her daughter. She became more honest and cheerful since that day, the thought of resurrecting Buio from the dead has passed and disappeared from her head, she will no longer propose something as dangerous like that.

Zaturn and Fraische are currently dueling without their wands; they do a hand in hand combat using non-lethal spells. "You're doing exceptionally well!" Mages are supposed to be able to fight excellently without a conductor or items anyways.

"Thanks! I can't believe I grow out my wand phase last year!" Zaturn replied to her mother's compliment as she jumped backwards to avoid her mother's kick. "It feels like I've finally become a good mage."

Fraische get into a fighting stance before charging into her daughter again, "Wand is slowing you down anyways, but it's a good way to practice as a beginner and getting used to conducting magic. However! A mage-"

"-doesn't depend on an item to fight!" Zaturn eloped in the air and casted a quick spell to bubble Fraische inside a cage, "Haha! I got you! Oh stars I actually got you inside!"

"Don't celebrate too soon, daughter!" Fraische broke free in an instant, making Zaturn moans in annoyance, "Your spell casting is faster and accurate, but sadly... You're still weak."

"I could make my cages and attacks stronger if I have more time gathering the power into one dot and focus on it for a few seconds." Zaturn put her hands together, creating a small light that looks similar to a star, the glow becomes brighter and the light grows larger. She throw it into the sky and watch it explode, illuminating the entire training room in a beautiful light.

"Enemies won't give you a second to do that, but putting in too much power into one point without watching how much flow of magic you put into... Is also dangerous, because you could accidentally overflow your spell with an unnecessary amount of magic." Fraische is very patient with teaching her daughter too.

"Yes, mother. Thank you for the training today, I feel like training with you is making me improve faster~" Zaturn thanked her mother before reaching to a glass of water to quench her thirst.

Fraische chuckles sweetly, her cheeks always go red when she receives a compliment "Aww you compliment me too much, dear. I hope one day you can surpass me, I want you to be in charge of this planet once I retire. I've been guarding and working in this place for two hundred and seventy eight years."

"It is fine, mother. I will do my best!"

The two ended the training by eating lunch together, laughing and sharing their stories about their days. Fraische doesn't go out too often, so she often share her daughter some stories from doing her research, and her daughter loves to share her stories when exploring the world outside the planet. Even without Buio, they are trying to be happy.

But the peaceful days didn't last very long, as one night while the palace has already dimmed the lights and everyone is sleeping on their beds, the atmosphere detected an object approaching the planet that triggered an alarm that wakes up its residence. Frasiche didn't think much of it; it's probably a meteor coming into their direction. She just needs to activate the second layer of protective shield to pretend it from crashing against the planet surface.

But when Frasiche approached the atmosphere to cast a spell, she noticed that the object approaching is none other but a horde, not a meteor. She take a better look while setting up the shield and noticed someone leading the army in the front, a woman with white hair, wearing all white and dark attire, holding a flower wand that she recognize...

Her eyes widen, it cannot be mistaken with anyone else, and that person leading the army is Buio. But before they could enter the first atmosphere layer, Fraische successfully sealed the planet. But how long will it last? When facing another mage, they can infiltrate even your shield. With a meteor, they will just crash against it.

☾☼☽

Not wasting anymore time, she quickly get in touch with the union by using an emergency communicator, but first she wake up her daughter and alert her of what is currently going on. "We need help, Buio has returned with a horde of army that can only come from the void."

"Where is she right now?"

"Outside the atmosphere, my daughter is currently observing and reporting that the armies are destroying the shield quickly, please send help immediately!"

"Try putting up a fight, we need time to get ready and gather the right fighters to assist you. We will depend on you until reinforcements arrive, Fraische."

"Hurry u-"

"MOTHER, THEY ARE IN!" Zaturn shouted from the window, alerting the situation outside.

"No doubt, they saw her memories and know we have a powerful weapon in this castle!" Fraische put the communicator down and quickly grabbed her staff, "My Zaturn, do not come and fight. You are still way too young to face her..."

"But mother I have trained-"

Fraische quickly turn down her daughter's offer. "NOT ENOUGH! I know you're stronger, but it's still not enough... The power of the void when it's mixed with a powerful mage like your mother; will be hard to stop. We can fight the void creatures, but we never fight an amalgamation like this before."

"M....mother, how can I help you?"

"Tck!" She stepped outside, looking up to the air where Buio is floating so casually right now, she looks so calm while the horde is flying around the base, looking for the Ultimate Magical Wand, but the castle entrance is sealed from letting any strangers into the palace. "When the protective shield is broken, I want you to escape to this location using a portal. Bring the Ultimate Magical Wand with you, and never look back." She writes an exact coordinate on her daughter's wrist.

Zaturn watch as Fraische takes a step outside the shield, "Mother, can't you put faith in the reinforcements?"

"They won't be here on time, and if they did, I'm sure whatever parasite inside her already calculated the possibility, the fact that she caught me off guard by doing a surprise attack is unlikely for normal, dumb void creatures. It has evolved and learned about this base's weak spots."

'Buio' is looking down from the air, glaring down at Fraische, "Hello, Fraische. Fancy seeing you today, I see you've moved on and healed."

"SILENCE!" Fraische pointed her wand at her, "DON'T SPEAK WITH HER VOICE, YOU ARE NOT HER!"

"But I am her... I speak, I walk and this body; is Buio's."

Fraische is trying her best to look strong, "Don't mess with me, you know well she's gone. You... killed her after all."

The creature laughed upon hearing the last sentence, the laugh became more distorted than human, a distorted and glitch-like laugh that could make you shiver. However, Fraische stand there with her weapon, getting into a fighting stance. "I won't let you have the Ultimate Wand."

"THEN I WILL PREY IT FROM YOUR COLD, DEAD HANDS!" Said the creature as they charged towards Fraische.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

;=; Zaturn is so cute wtf. The little bow is a last addition to her design but I AM IN LOVE