Chapter 36: Hen Party

Start from the beginning

"Oh, Jenny you're eyeshadow looks amazing," Emma said. I looked at Jenny's glittery eyelids. She managed to apply glitter in a mature, yet still fun and beautiful style and I didn't know how she did it.

"Do you want some?"

Emma nodded. And then Jenny was helping all of us with our makeup and glitter application, whether it be on our eyes, hair, or wherever else. We all managed to look like we stepped out of a fashion magazine by the time we were finished.

"I have the hottest friends," Laura said as we stepped out the door.

We arrived at the club I had mentioned. There was a long line to get in, but it was worth the wait once we got inside. It was basically one huge courtyard with people dancing in the middle and high tables and bar spaces set up surrounding it. There were neon lights, brightening up the place, it was the definition of cool. Being there made me feel cool.

Laura grabbed mine and Jenny's hands tightly beside her and then dragged us onto the dance floor. The five of us started dancing together and I pretty much sweat off all of my makeup.

Occasionally some guys would try to dance with us. Laura would let them for a little while, until they tried touching her or one of us, then she slapped them in the arm and told them to piss off. It was a cycle.

After a little while, I went off to look for Lily, who was grabbing a drink. I found her at the bar, talking to a boy. I couldn't help but notice the way she smiled as she spoke to him. If I wasn't mistaken, she was flirting.

I tried to sit down on the other side of her as discretely as I could. I didn't want to ruin her chances, but I did need a little break from dancing. So I pretended I didn't know her.

The bloke she was talking to spoke English with a thick Spanish accent, after a little while, he asked her to dance with him and they went off, without paying notice to me, except for Lily as she was walking out onto the dance floor with him. I gave her a thumbs up. 

The others found me at the bar and took the seats beside me. I still had a good view of Lily from here. It was good enough to keep an eye on her, but also far enough away that it wasn't like I was spying on her. 

Jenny followed my gaze. "Oh my god!" SHe exclaimed. "Good for Lily that guy is totally hot."

Laura whistled. "Sure is."

"And he isn't one of the creepy guys from before," Emma added. We all nodded.

The four of us were watching Lily when the Spanish boy leaned in to kiss her. She kissed him back. 

"Wooo!!" We started whistling for her. 

But then she pushed him off. She didn't look happy, I stood up. "Oh no."

Then she ran off, away from him, toward the exit of the club. I shared a glance with the other girls before we chased after her.

I pushed through the crowd of people until I was out of the club myself. 

"There she is!" Laura pointed, since she had the best view, being the tallest of us.

We met up with Lily, who was bent over, hands on knees, down the sidewalk. "Lily?" I called out to her. She shook her head in response. When we got closer, I could see that she was breathing heavily and there were tears in her eyes.

I placed my hand on her shoulder. "Lils?" I said softly. "Are you okay?"

She looked up at me. Her eyes were stained from the mix of tears and makeup. She also seemed to have a hard time breathing.