Chapter 3 - Party Crasher

☾𖧷☽

"Hey, mom!" Alyssa was seated in her room, which was two floors under the highest floor in Stark tower

This evening, Thor's farewell party would be held. Alyssa planned on going, since she never really went to any parties, and she had a pretty strong bond with the god of thunder. Alyssa found him hilarious, with the way of him simply not knowing how 'mortal stuff' worked, or when he talked about Jane, not even knowing where she currently lived. But Alyssa found it somewhat cute that Thor listened every time when she explained how music can be played over electronics, or when she just rambled on about her day. So yes, she was going to be at the party. And she needed advice, good advice, on the clothing she would wear.

Since Alyssa didn't really have any girl friends besides Natasha, she decided to call her mother. She knew her mother still had some pretty dresses from back in the day.

"Hey, sweetie! How are you doing? How's dad doing? Probably still on about how we all should buy a house on Hawaii... would surprise me if he didn't already buy it." Pepper's voice rang through the hearer as she laughed softly.

"No, no, but if you ask me, I'm in for a house on Hawaii." Alyssa too laughed. "But that's not the reason why I called. Actually, I wanted to ask if I could borrow one of your party dresses. I'm sure you still have some, right?"

"Oh, so there's a party! Pity I can't come. Why do work conferences always have to be at the other end of the world? As for you, yes I do have some dresses that could fit you. Just look through my closet. Do you already know what makeup you'll be wearing?" Pepper asked over the phone, as Alyssa laid back on her mattress.

"Yeah, I've been thinking about just a simple, soft kinda look, if I can get it. I was never really good at makeup. All I ever accomplished was Van Goghs 'Starry Night' featuring your lipstick." Alyssa laughed.

Mother and daughter kept talking about god knows what, until it was time to dress up for the party.

"Hey mom, I gotta go, you know, the party." Alyssa said standing from her bed.

"Sure, hun. And make sure to look out for cute guys!" Pepper teased.

"You know dad would kill them on the spot right there and then."

"True."

"Bye, mom!"

"Bye, sweetie!"

Alyssa hung up and began to stride to her mother's room. Pepper shared a room with Tony, but it is pretty clear who owns which side of the room. Since Tony is only in their room to sleep (on the side where Pepper usually sleeps), Alyssa had easy access to the room.