Chapter II - He's Fast And She's Weird

「2」

· ───── ·𖥸· ───── ·

Alyssa leaned her head against the cold metal walls of the Quinjet, glancing around. No one else seemed to be as riled up as her, well, except for Bruce, so she didn't think anyone else encountered the two figures.

What the hell was that, anyway?

Thinking back to the distraught face of her father, she was alarmed about what he had seen. She had never seen her father's eyes so afraid and teary and only adding up to her anxiety was the fact that she had never in her life seen him cry.

Looking over to the cockpit area where Tony was punching in some numbers on the screen, she ultimately decided to not ask him about it. He seemed to ignore what had happened, so Alyssa wasn't going to mess around.

She stood up with a sigh and walked over to Clint, since she did blame herself a bit for him being hurt, giving him a small smile as she leaned against the rigging next to him. Natasha and Bruce were sitting together on the floor a couple feet away from her and she watched as Natasha swiveled her head around to face the others.

"Thor, report on the Hulk."

"The gates of Hel are filled with the screams of his victims," Thor said confidently.

Alyssa had to hold back a laugh as Natasha looked at the god with a 'what the hell' look, and Bruce buried his face in his hands, groaning.

"But not the screams of the dead of course. No, no, wounded screams. Mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining, and tales of sprained deltoids and gout," Thor trailed off, and Alyssa had to bite her lip hard to not burst out laughing.

"JARVIS, take the wheel," Tony said, standing from his seat.

"Yes, sir."

He made his way over to Thor and Steve, who were admiring the scepter.

"Feels good, yeah? I mean, you've been after this thing since SHIELD collapsed. Not that I haven't enjoyed our little raiding parties, but..." Tony said.

"No, but this... this brings it to a close," Thor stated, smiling at the victory.

"As soon as we find out what else this has been used for. I just don't mean weapons. Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?" Steve asked, suspicious of the glowing scepter.

"Banner and I will give it the once over before it goes back to Asgard. Is that cool with you? Just a few days 'till the farewell party. You're staying, right?" Tony asked Thor. Alyssa believed the 'farewell party' was just an excuse to throw a party at all. Not that she complained, she loved parties just as much as her dad.