Chapter 24- The Wedding Part 2

Chapter 24- The Wedding, Part 2: Poisoned

I don't know where I am. I don't know how long I have been here. All I know is that I am dying. The poison is racing through my veins, burning me like a raging fire and stopping my regeneration. The Doctor was here but now he is gone, but I know he is trying to find an antidote, trying to save me. And it's all because of her. Professor River Song.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope's POV:

River's vortex manipulator had taken us to a dark cellar, covered in cobwebs and filled with rats. The Doctor would be coming to find me, I just knew it! But I was hurt. All I wanted was to get married, now even that was ruined for a while. River was walking around, still holding the poison. I didn't understand why she hadn't used it yet, but she was probably waiting for the Doctor to come. She wanted him to suffer too, and I was not happy about that at all. When we got here she had made sure I stayed put by shooting me in the side. I was bleeding, trying to heal myself. I couldn't. The pain was unbearable yet I knew that I would have to endure it. I was scared for my life, but I knew that it wasn't over yet.

The Doctor will save me. That is what I kept repeating in my head. Over and over again. He wouldn't just give up. Not if it was me. River looked as though she was getting quite impatient, pacing up and down the room and biting her fingernails. I looked at her with tears in my eyes, but if I cried then she would see me as a weak person. But, if I tell the truth, I am not a very strong person in these situations. Just then there was a flash of white light, and the Doctor and the others appeared in front of me. River grabbed me, once again holding the poison against my neck, and she pointed her gun at the others. "So, Doctor. You found me then. But you won't get Hope back that easily. If you try to get her, the poison goes in. Kills her stone dead within an hour. If any of your friends try... they get shot." River smiled an evil smile, just as Brogan ran forward to grab me. True to her word, River fired the gun, causing Brogan to fall to the ground and die silently. Megan looked at me in horror and I shook my head. There was nothing I could do. The Doctor looked at me helplessly, knowing that he couldn't save me unless I got poisoned and he found an antidote. Either way, I had a chance of dying that day.

River didn't wait for the Doctor to decide what to do. She injected me with the poison anyway. Then she teleported away, leaving me to drop to the floor. The Doctor rushed to my side and held me in his arms, crying and telling me to hold on. Death was only 55 minutes away, unless there was an antidote. I was helpless, and I knew that I wouldn't survive. The Doctor told me that he was going with the others to find a cure, and that I needed to stay strong. I watched as he left the room with tears running down his cheeks, and I sat down in a corner, sobbing my heart out.

My vision was blurred and I was nearing the end. My memories were fading and I had nobody to help me. I am delirious. I don't know where I am. I don't know how long I have been here. All I know is that I am dying. The poison is racing through my veins, burning me like a raging fire and stopping my regeneration. The Doctor was here but now he is gone, but I know he is trying to find an antidote, trying to save me. And it's all because of her. Professor River Song. She had had it in for me since the day the Doctor admitted that he loved me, and nothing would stop her from trying to kill me. I was her nemesis, her arch-enemy, and nothing would change that. I thought of the Doctor, looking back over the times we had, remembering my one true love before my inevitable fate welcomed me. I had just over 10 minutes to live, and the Doctor was not back yet. What would he do if he found me here, lying dead on the ground? He would probably lose the will to live. He wouldn't be the same again. His two hearts would be broken, shattered into a million pieces. All because of the daughter of two of my best friends. 'Help me Doctor.' I thought.

Five minutes. I had five minutes left. The pain was tearing me apart and I had no more tears left to cry. Where was he? Where was my bowtie-wearing alien lover? I laid on the floor, eyes closing slowly, drifting off into an eternal slumber, waiting to enter the afterlife that I hoped was real. But instead I heard the door opening, footsteps approaching me, and I slowly opened my eyes to find myself face to face with the Doctor. He had come back for me just in time, and the antidote was in his hands! "There are better things to do today." he whispered. "Dying can wait."