Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Missing children?

Hope's POV

The TARDIS materialised on Bannerman Road outside Sarah Jane's house, and she and Luke came running out. "Doctor! Hope!" Sarah cried. "What happened?" I noticed Luke staring at my t-shirt, and I looked down and saw the blood stain on it. "Um, yeah. It's okay Luke I am fine right now. I'll explain later."

After I went home and got changed, I ran over to no.13 and up into the attic. The TARDIS was supposed be there, but it wasn't. "Where... where is the Doctor?" I asked. I put my hand up to my face and found that I was crying, so I tried quickly to hide it. "He just left. Said he had to go somewhere. He never said exactly." Luke explained. I was heart-broken because of this. The Doctor had promised to take me with him, and now he had abandoned me. I shook it off, and asked, "So, what's been happening while I've been away?"

Luke explained that children had been going missing in the park, and that all the missing ones go to Park Vale school where we used to go. "That's what gets me more than anything. It can't be Odd Bob again because we sorted him out, so it must be somebody else.' Clyde stated. Then I made the stupid mistake: I suggested that we go and investigate.

Me, Luke, Clyde and Sky climbed over the fence. The park gates were locked, but we were going in anyway. I told the group to split up, so Sky and I went left and Luke and Clyde went to the right. We trekked up a steep hill and found a clearing surrounded by bushes, and then I heard a scream. Sky was gone! "Sky?! Sky!!" I shouted. Then a hand clamped over my mouth and muffled my screaming, so I tried to get away. But I was knocked out cold.

My eyes found difficulty in opening, caked and lathered in thick, dry sleep that felt like pottery cracking as I struggled. Through perseverance I succeeded, opened my eyes and was taken aback, figuratively for I could not move my unresponsive limbs, by the light that soon found it's way into every inch of my soul. I felt like a splintered piece of wood and the fire burnt through all orifices. Then a man came in and said in a low voice, "Where is he?"

"Who?"

"The Doctor. I know you know him. Where is he?!" the man snarled. I looked him in the eyes and then said, "I honestly don't know. He left and..." I trailed off into silence as I heard the TARDIS materialising. The Doctor stepped out and said, "Oh, hello Hope, Sky. What is all this about then?" I couldn't help but smile as he used the sonic screwdriver to get us out and I fell I to his arms. "There we go. You ok?" I nodded and then remembered that there were still the children in the cages behind us. "Doctor..." I said as he opened the cage. "DOCTOR!!!!" I shouted. He looked round and saw that my kidnapper had a Dalek eyestalk coming out of his forehead. "Oh dear."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky's POV

The Doctor had freed the children and they had all gone home. But now we had to deal with 'Mr Dalek Puppet Kidnapper Dude' (Yeah I came up with that!) before we could leave. The Doctor had been thinking of a plan whilst we tried our hardest to keep him back, but it was no use. He grabbed hold of Hope and as the Doctor ran forward to her, he put out his hand. An exterminator was pertruding from it, and I was afraid. Quaking in fear, I backed away whilst they weren't looking, and ran all the way home to Bannerman Road. "Sarah Jane!" I cried, bursting into the attic. "Sky! We were worried sick! What happened? Where is Hope?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Doctor's POV

I didn't know what to do. I had dealt with the Dalek puppets before, but this one had Hope in his clutches, and if I tried to save her, either of us could be exterminated. Just then, Sarah Jane, Luke, Clyde and Sky bursted it. "Let go of Hope now you freak or else!" Luke cried. The puppet turned his head towards Luke and I decided to take a chance. I darted towards him and forced his arm off Hope and hugged her close, but we weren't out of the woods yet. We still had to get away, and the TARDIS was just outside so we dashed inside and the I started dancing around the console, pulling levers and pressing buttons. "So, 13 Bannerman Road. Off we go!"

We materialised outside Sarah's house and stepped out onto the street. "Right then, I'll be off. Goodbye Sarah. Goodbye Luke, Clyde and Sky. Goodbye Hope." I said, passing before I said goodbye to Hope. I was hoping that she would ask to come with me, because otherwise I would be alone until I found a new companion. But Hope had already started walking up her driveway, and the others had gone. I sat down on the pavement and sighed, knowing I had screwed up again, when Hope came back over. "Yes." she said. I looked at her, puzzled, and she laughed. "Yes, I will travel with you. I knew you were going to ask. I'm guessing you were just a bit too scared." I threw my arms around her and rested my head on her shoulder, delighted that I finally found somebody to travel with whilst my Ponds were away. When we finally pulled apart I jumped up and we entered the TARDIS, overcome with joy. "Come on then Mr Bowtie." Hope laughed. "Show me the stars."