Chapter 30

Xiaojun might have stood a chance if he was up against Renjun but with Jieun, Shotaro, and even Yuta helping him, he became pulp in no time.

"Well that was boring." Yuta said as he motioned to the bedroom. "Shotaro, you want to check on Taeyong's mom. I'm going to take the trash out."

"I got it." Jieun said as she slid in between Yuta and the unconsious body. "I can take care of it with Renjun, he has to draw the Phoenix anyways."

"I mean I am the artist in Japan but if you two wanted some alone time, I get it." Yuta said, passing a spraycan to Renjun.

"Thanks." Renjun said, taking the can from Yuta. Jieun gulped as Renjun met her eyes, no longer as kind as the once were. "We have lots to talk about."

...

The walk down the stairs was a quiet one as Jieun occaisionally helped Renjun when Xiaojun's body slid off. There were no words exchanged between the two until they arrived at an alleyway not far from the bar, where they decided to lay Xiaojun's body.

Renjun was the one that ended up breaking the silence.

"Is it true?" Renjun asked, shaking the spraycan. "Did you really want to take down the Phoenixes?"

"Renjun please-"

"Just answer me." Renjun said, looking up to stare at Jieun who was on the other side of Xiaojun. "Is that true?"

Renjun heard Jieun let out a deep sigh as he began spraying the phoenix. "Is it."

"Great. Thanks." Renjun said bitterly, feeling his heart shatter into a million pieces. "And here I thought that you actually cared about me."

"I do." Jieun said, and Renjun felt her reach out, grabbing his arm. "I do care about you."

"Care about how much information you get out of me." Renjun said, ripping her hand off him so he could continue drawing his Phoenix. "No wonder you asked so many questions about the gang. It was all so you can report back to Xiaojun so he could take us down easier."

Renjun heard Jieun groan out of frustration. "Okay, maybe I did at first but didn't you notice that I didn't tell him everything? I never told him that I figured out who actually killed Seolhee."

Renjun froze once the words came out of Jieun's mouth. He did notice that Xiaojun didn't know that, making it clear that Jieun didn't really tell him everything.

"I also never told him about us dating but I'm guessing Sungchan exposed me since you were always over." Jieun said as Renjun took a deep breath, finishing his artwork.

"I didn't lie when I confessed to you, Renjun." Jieun continued through Renjun's silence. "In fact, I kept feeling conflicted because of the goal I had yet whenever I was with you, it was like none of that was there. I was just able to enjoy my time with you, talking about the wonders of the world without any worries of the Phoenixes or taking you down."

"What about the other night?" Renjun asked, tossing the can aside as he looked up to meet Jieun's eyes. "Are you really sure you want to join the Phoenixes?"

"I am." Jieun said as she reached out, taking his hands. "I want to become one after I realized where all your hearts truly lie. Sure, you're a gang but you're more than that. You're a family and I would love to be a part of all that."

"Then what's stopping you?" Renjun asked, staring back at the girl. "Why didn't you say yes immediately, what did you have to deal with?"

"This, Renjun." Jieun told him. "I had to do what I could to stop Xiaojun and the others, I didn't want them to hurt you."