Chapter 23

Jieun couldn't be anymore thankful that Shotaro and Sungchan were out as she brought Renjun into her apartment, holding his hand the entire time.

I would be so dead if they found out, Jieun thought as she pulled Renjun to her room.

The two had exchanged a few kisses in the parking lot but it wasn't enough for Jieun so invited Renjun to stay the night. It was an embarassing moment for the girl, but when Renjun accepted the offer, she couldn't be any happier.

"Oh!" Jieun shrieked as the second the door closed, Renjun's lips hungrily found hers again.

Despite his intentions, Renjun's movements were soft as his hands gently found their place around her hips, Jieun letting herself melt into the kiss.

The second they separated, they held their gazes on each other, getting lost in the sea of brown eyes.

Jieun watched as Renjun broke the stare as he closed his eyes, leaning forward and placing a soft kiss on her lips.

"I should probably let you get ready for bed, shouldn't I?" Renjun asked.

"I'll be fast." Jieun reassured him as she gave him a kiss and a small smile. "I'll get you some clothes from my roommates too."

Renjun nodded and Jieun went into her closer to grab her pyjamas before exiting her room.

When she returned, all washed up for bed and with a pair of sweatpants and t-shirt that she had taken from a box of clothes that Shotaro had recently grown out of, she found Renjun staring at the pictures on her shelf.

Renjun turned his head, a small smile on his face as he met Jieun's eyes, the girl quietly closing the door behind her.

"You look like your mom." Renjun said as Jieun made her way to where he was, passing him the clothes. "You two both have the same big eyes, full of wonder."

"That's what all my relatives say." Jieun said, staring at the family picture as well. She let out a deep sigh at the thought of her parents.

"You alright?" Renjun asked, tilting her face towards him.

"Mm, I want to cuddle so can you hurry up and get changed?" Jieun said, gently tugging on Renjun's arm.

Renjun chuckled before taking the clothes from Jieun's hand. He kissed her on the cheek before making his way to the door.

"Alright, my dear." Renjun said before exiting.

The small pet name made Jieun feel giddy as she got comfortable in her bed. She sent her roommates a quick warning, letting them know that Renjun was over.

Maybe the Phoenixes aren't that bad, Jieun thought as she lied in her bed, thinking about Renjun.

She caught sight of the picture of her and Seolhee on the shelf though and immediately dismissed the thought.

No, that's not true. If it weren't for them, Seolhee would still be alive.

Jieun bit her lip, not knowing what to do with herself. She knew she cared about Renjun and wanted to be with him more than anything else hut at the same time, he was part of a gang that she wanted to take down no matter what.

Maybe it's a good thing, Jieun thought. If we can take down Taeyong, then maybe we can be together without that stupid rule separating us.

But Jieun knew that the Phoenixes meant a lot to Renjun, especially his friends. They were a family to him, and if she broke that, he would never forgive her for it.