Chapter 10

"I'm officially a genius." Xiaojun exclaimed, his smile spreading from ear to ear as he threw his hands up in satisfaction.

Jieun felt uneasy as she sat there in the cold metal chair, even with the fire burning in the centre.

The group working on taking down the Phoenixes were meeting again, in their typical garage. Jieun hated this place, finding it musty and gross, but it was somewhere where they would never be found, so she went along with it.

"Sure." Yangyang muttered, his tone full of annoyance. At least I'm not the only one.

"What?" Xiaojun said as he sat up, clearly offended by their lack of reaction. "If I didn't suggest that Jieun should get Renjun to fall for her, then we wouldn't have gotten his number."

"What are we going to do with his number?" Sungchan asked and Jieun was glad that it wasn't her as Xiaojun's face changed.

"I don't know but it's important. We have an insider now, which is perfect." Xiaojun said, a smirk on his face as he turned to Jieun.

Jieun felt like her heart had dropped to her stomach as she looked away before turning back to Xiaojun. "What do you want?"

"Nothing." Xiaojun said, a sickening smile on his face.

"Just keep doing what you're doing and the Phoenixes will be taken down in no time."

...

"Gege!" Renjun called out happily as Winwin opened the door.

"Gosh, you're energetic." Winwin mumbled as he stepped back, letting Renjun step inside.

Despite the face that it was already late into the afternoon and Renjun was done his classes, he could tell that Winwin had just woken up. Renjun watched as Winwin dragged his feet, motioning to the couch.

"Where's Taeil and jiejie?" Renjun asked as he took a seat beside Winwin, the male yawning.

"Out doing something. I forgot." Winwin said before turning to Renjun. "It's just us. Also, if you're hungry, there's some food that Taeil cooked earlier. You can get it yourself, I'm too tired."

"Of course you are." Renjun mumbled, glancing at the kitchen. It was pretty far though and he wasn't particularly hungry so Renjun turned back to Winwin.

"What did you want to talk about anyways?" Winwin asked, leaning back on the couch as he stretched his arms over his head.

"How did you know that you were in love?" Renjun asked, cutting to the chase. No point in avoiding it if he's going to find out anyways.

Winwin seemed stunned, taking a moment to take in Renjun's words. "I was not expecting you to ask that."

"I was just curious." Renjun said, hoping that Winwin wouldn't inquire too much. Luckily, Winwin was still half-asleep, not putting to much thought into it.

"I don't know." Winwin said with a shrug. "I mean I do know but it's hard to describe. You know when you feel it."

"I will?" Winwin nodded.

"It's a weird feeling." Winwin told him, narrowing his eyes. "It feels so wrong but so right at the same time. It's like your brain is telling you not to but your heart is saying the exact opposite. And all you want to do is follow your heart."

"Geez, is that really how you feel about my sister?" Renjun said, unable to contain his disgust.

Winwin glared at him, making Renjun smile. "I really don't understand siblings. How do you two hate yet care about each other so much?"