seventeen >>> night blood island: part 2

Start from the beginning

"Raven!" I hear Abby shout. My eyes look to her and Jackson as they came rushing down the stairs and over. I step back letting them get her off of the chair as she shakes violently. I clench my jaw feeling my heart race as they set her on the ground and on her side. Their mouths move but I can't hear any of it until Abby looks at me. "Y/N, in my bag!" I nod and quickly turn my head and rush to Abby's black bag. I bend down slightly grabbing a hold of and pulling out the pen. Quickly I rush back over handing it to Abby who quickly inserts it into Raven's neck. Within seconds Raven stops shaking and Abby tosses the pen down all of us relaxing. But my eyes notice the blood that seeps through Raven's mouth. I look away shaking my head.

"What the hell was that?" I ask, as Jackson picks the girl up and sets her on a chair.

"I don't know-" Abby pauses a second. "But we'll figure it out." I nod keeping my eyes on Raven walking towards her. Abby checks her pulse and stuff and makes sure she's okay. I stand to the side watching it all before seeing Abby grab a towel.

"I-I can do that," I gently say looking up to meet Abby's brown eyes. A small smile inches onto Abby's face as she nods at me. She holds out her arm and I take a hold of the rag as she walks away a moment. Gently I look down at Raven and begin to wipe the blood off of her mouth and her nose. When I finish I bend a bit dropping the rag on the ground just as I hear a slight groan escape the girl. I stand up faster than I have in a while and look to Raven gently grabbing a hold of her hand. "Raven?"

"Y/N?" She mumbles with her eyes still closed a bit. I squeeze her hand a bit gently placing my other hand on her cheek. "Y/N." A small smile spreads to her lips as I tilt my head to the side. She seemed happy. "Oh something happened..."

"Yeah you had a seizure Raven," I respond causing the girl's eyes to open. My eyes meet her brown ones and her smile quickly faded.

"A seizure?" Raven asked her voice low. I nod slowly glancing over my shoulder swiftly.

"Abby, Jackson she's awake," I say to them. Quickly I see them get up and come this way. My eyes focus back on Raven and she shakes her head going to sit up quickly.

"Raven we need to get a brain scan dear," Abby says walking over. I remove my hand from holding Raven's as she jumps off of the chair. Abby goes to stop her but Raven walks away from us looking around. I furrow my brows keeping my head tilted watching her.

"It was like my brain was operating with such-- with such intensity. It was so real, like I was space-walking again, zero G with no suit- Raven pauses turning around and looking to us. Abby and Jackson exchange a look and I stay focused on Raven as she raises her hands a bit. "I'm not crazy"

"No. No one thinks you are," Abby responds looking to Raven. The olive skinned girl looks away from us and walks a bit to her left.

"Weightlessness..." Raven mutters a bit before speaking up and turning back to us once again. "Abby, what happened when you tried to get the Nightblood protein to bond with Luna's DNA?"

"The structure of the RNA fell apart. Why?" Abby responded tilting her head with a small smile forming.

"Abby, she just had a seizure," Jackson says looking to the Griffin. Abby raises her hand looking to Jackson. He looks away and to Raven. I follow as Raven gets excited.

"Because I think I know why Becca couldn't make it work in this lab. Computer, show me prototype Nightblood RNA binding in a zero G environment," Raven speaks walking over to where she was before her seizure. I follow her first and then Abby and Jackson come over. I shove my hands into my pockets and look at the computer. And to be completely honest I'm not even sure what I'm looking at.

"It could work," Abby says, hopefulness in her voice. I glance over my shoulder to her but look quickly back to Raven. A smile coming and going on her face.

"Your hallucination told you this?" Jackson asked tilting his own head. Raven nods quickly.

"Yes. When I imagined I was weightless, my neurons must have been firing faster than my conscious mind could process," Raven said causing me to glance at the ground a moment.

"Communicating through to your subconscious," I say my voice low. Raven steps forward as I feel her gently grab my hand and squeeze it. I pick up my head and lock our eyes.

"Exactly."

"How do we simulate zero gravity in a laboratory environment?" Abby asks, breaking Raven and I's eye contact. Raven lets go of my hand and turns to Abby as do I.

"We can't. It's impossible," Jackson responds.

"I'm beginning to learn and see nothing's impossible," I pause a moment causing Jackson and Abby to look at me. "There's got to be a way." I turn and look to Raven who nods her head.

"It's impossible on the ground," Raven starts motioning with her hands. " A.L.I.E. said that Becca went to space looking for a more secure environment to get away from her, but I don't think that was the reason at all. I think she went to space to make Nightblood."

"Raven, how does that help us? It's not as though we can go back into space."

"Wanna bet? Computer. Open interior blast and launch doors," Raven says and just as she finished hinges unlock causing all of us to look past Raven and to big doors. My eyes go wide as I pull my hands out of my pockets and step forward. Raven chuckles and places her hands on her head before quickly rushing towards it. I follow slightly getting a glimpse of Abby and Jackson following. I stay at the bottom of the steps as Raven goes up them and I shake my head looking around but mostly focusing on the ship. And before long I glance over my shoulder locking eyes with Abby and Jackson who look just as amazed.

"So who wants to go for a ride?" Raven asks turning around to face us. A smile spreading from ear to ear.