A new case and end

We had close to two weeks without a case. We didn't complain, because at times our unit would work several.

A new book comes out that discusses all of Hoyts cases.  Jane receives a call from the
author to come to the symposium that is being held in her city. "I  will have to think about it." Jane reluctantly agrees after consulting with her therapist. Her therapists sees this as a way to move past the horrific assault on her by Charles Hoyt. 
Jane meets the author, Victoria, at the symposium and reads an excerpt that dealt with her. Jane receives a call. "Duties call,  I have to leave. "

Jane meets the rest of her team at the park which is the homicide scene.  Frost walks up to Jane and hands him the man's wallet. "JANE HE WAS ONE OF US." Jane recognizes the officers name. He was one the officers who was working the case in another state.  Maura says, " he knew the victim no defense wounds. "
Maura meets the author, Victoria, at a local restaurant. She asks Maura should she be worried that she could be next because now three officers who worked the case were killed. My book is doing well in sales with all the recent killings.  This is not how I wanted my book to be successful." Maura just tells her to be careful.
Jane goes home and Frankie knocks on the door with  his duffle bag. "Frankie why are you here?" "Jane three officers have been killed who were name kn the book.  I am not taking any chance with my sister being one of them." Angela walks in while the door is slightly opened still. Angela brings her dinner. "MA why are you here too?" " I am your mother and have every right to be here and worried. " Jane gives in. They eat and Frankie sleeps on the couch.

The next day Korsak is walking his dog. Korsak is chloroform from behind and is taken to a basement of a house that Victoria has rented while she is in town.  Korsak wakes up.  Korsak tells Victoria son, " so how did your mother make you agree to do the killings for her. She will go free and you will do the time. Your mother doesn't really care for you." Victoria son responds, " I do this because I want to. She doesn't force me to do anything. "
The team are reviewing the interviews Victoria had with Hoyt as well as the two people who survived from Hoyt's torture. Jane was listening to her interview and was recalling the actual scenes of her torture. Jane turned hers off when Frost said he found some new information.

In the meantime, Frost pulls up some history about Victoria after reading the book that she signed and gave him. Something just clicked. Frost pulls up some photos and history on Victoria's childhood.  Victoria had killed her father in self defense after years of physical abuse.  Jane, Maura and Frost look at the photos. Maura states, "Victoria has some plastic surgery done. " Jane says her Victoria's first birth name, Barbara with a different name too.
Jane and her team head over to Victoria's rental.

Korsak continues to talk and tells her son.  "When you stop killing for her, she will kill you next." Victoria tells Korsak to "shut up." Her son turns around because he is not torturing him as his mother wanted. He asks her, "is he telling the truth." Victoria says the reason he will die because Hoyt's fatal shot came from you.
Victoria is impatient and she shoots her son.  Victoria is about to shoot Korsak when Korsak's team arrives. Jane shoots Victoria only to wing her.  Korsak says, " call for medics for them. I am okay.  A neck cut and few others, but I will be fine. "

The teams go to Korsak's to visit him and to hang out with him on his front porch after he was seen by the ER staff

The teams go to Korsak's to visit him and to hang out with him on his front porch after he was seen by the ER staff. Jane says now she understood the previous statement by the correctional officer.  Jane and the others hope this is the end to Hoyt case.

           The End