Ex classmates death and her actions

Jane says goodbye to Maura at the precinct after Nicholas signed the legal documents. They made copies and filed it with the court and the district attorney before they headed to New York. Maura hugs her and wishes her well.
Jane dislikes working cases in other peoples backyards without informing them but this is what she needed to do because she doesn't know who is involved in this crime which may include politicians, other officers and the list goes on. She knows she will get reamed by New York but her Police Commissioner is backing this play 100%.

Jane serves the documents to the security night staff.  Security tries to make contact to Abigail. When he cannot make contact, he calls Daniel Smithson who instructs them to take his time to go upstairs. The security guard informed him he cannot do that because they have enough officers going through all the floors and have already bagged some computers including his. Korsak over hears the conversation and grabs the phone. "Is it Daniel I am speaking with? If you try to interfere and block your personal computer,  you will be prosecuted  fully extent of the law. Your files have already been transferred and secured just in case you think of doing what you are doing right now. Officers are outside now to bring you back to Boston." Jane was informed by the geek that Daniel Smithson was locked out of accessing his laptop as he was trying to do. 
The suspects list will have Daniel Smithson, Vice Executive, the accountant,  and several computer technicians were arrested and brought back to Boston PD. Jane knew that this case was going to reveal more than one person. Boston PD collected the evidence they needed and noticed New York PD that this office was officially closed to all and the CEO was on board. Before Korsak's team returned with several vans of evidence, New York Police Commissioner was on the phone with Massachusetts Commissioner.

The case was going to get real ugly between our states. We were ready to deal with the outcome.