chapter two

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

THE YOUNG GODS
CHAPTER TWO

THE YOUNG GODSCHAPTER TWO

" RUNNER? DEFINITELY NOT. "

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

      ROSIE STOOD IN FRONT OF the closed entrance to the maze wondering what was out there. Alby had suggested to do her Runner training first to get it out of the way. "What's out there?" She asked the Asian boy who had walked up to her asking if she was ready.

      Minho took a deep breath, "in bright daylight? Nothing."

      "So? You guys just run out everyday to find a way out or something?" Rosie asked flinging the backpack that they gave her up on both shoulders. "Why haven't you?"

     "Found a way out?" A voice behind them spoke causing Rosie to jump hating how these boys were so quiet able to make barely any sound. The boy had an odd accent compared to the other boys as he tried to discretely sniff. "The walls move everyday."

      Rosie nodded noticing the puffiness in his face and the glossy eyes but she had no place to ask the boy what he was crying about before. "Our job is to find a way out and map every new way." Minho added.

"And you think I'm going to be good at this?" Rosie asked the two boys who chuckled shaking their heads.

"Probably not, but everyone has to try it. It doesn't matter if you like or dislike your job, you get placed where you're the most good at." Minho replied, "that's why you have to try out as a Runner. We'll take it easy today. Just keep close to us and don't separate."

Rosie nodded clutching the strings of the backpack with a harder grip nervous of what was behind those walls. "I'm Newt." The boy who hadn't introduced himself yet spoke to her since he had noticed her nervousness. Rosie smiled politely receiving the same back as he added, "don't worry, we won't let anything happen to you."

Rosie looked down at the ground nodding as if that's the only thing she ever did, just nod to everything all the boys told her. The walls started moving in front of her creating a large path for them to run in, "come on!" Minho exclaimed rushing in as Newt motioned to her. Rosie shook her head still not comprehending what the hell she was doing in this place. Starting to run towards the two boys, they slowed their pace noticing she wasn't as fast as they were.

"You guys do this everyday?" Rosie asked already panting out of breath not even a minute in the Maze.

"Everyday Greenie." Minho stated looking around the walls to see if there was any difference from what he and another Runner had mapped out. "This way." He replied as Newt and Rosie started following him.