prologue

THE SOUND OF METAL clashing together woke the girl up from what seemed a half an hour nap she thought she took

THE SOUND OF METAL clashing together woke the girl up from what seemed a half an hour nap she thought she took. Fluttering her eyes open, the girl looked around squinting her eyes trying to see something besides the pitch black. Rolling to the side, the girl reached over trying to turn on a lamp that used to sit on her bed stand. Instead of feeling the shape of the item, she felt several holes as if it was some type of fence and further ahead was metal. Sitting up to lean her head against the wall, the girl squinted harder trying to see any light source but couldn't see anything.

The sound of her heart thudding was getting louder as she tried to stand up but yelled in pain when she fell back down. Swallowing hard, the girl felt her mouth dry and her hands starting to shake. Pushing herself with her arms and leg that functioned, the girl reached to the either side to figure out where she was. She felt the same thing on the other side. Grabbing her hair with one hand, the girl started to feel short of breath. The room was getting warmer.

      "Help me!" She yelled as loud as she could banging on the walls. Tears starting to stream down her face not being able to remember how she got here. Every breath she took felt like her last, they became sharp and shallow gasping for air as if her lungs were starting to collapse. "Somebody! Help! I c-can't get up!" The girl yelled out her voice breaking mid-sentence.

     The girl hit the metal square box she figured she was in, her chest was tightening and her hands were going numb. Hyperventilating, the girl yelled having barely any hope that someone could hear her but all she could hear was herself. "I'm going to die." She wept curling herself up in a ball taking her gray sweater off feeling too hot but sudden goosebumps running though her body. "I'm dying alone."

     The girl jumped in slight fear as she heard an alarm from far away and the box starting to rise like an elevator turning lights on. The girl's eyes went wide as she looked down to see an endless black hole while the box started to go faster. Panting harder, the girl scurried to a corner as she assumed she reached the top when the box stopped and lights went red. The lights switched to green and the sound of a buzzer turned on for a few seconds. Before she could do anything, the lights and buzzer turned off leaving her in the darkness again. The girl's chest started to hurt more intensely.

     The girl's tears stopped as she heard voices above her. A thud echoed on the box as if someone jumped on it. The metal doors above swung open and rays of sunshine blinded her from seeing anything. Swinging her arm over the girl squinted her eyes to see a silhouette of a boy leaning over looking down at her. His high eyebrows was the main feature the girl could point out. "Holy shit." He spoke grabbing the attention of others as they rushed to the box, running his fingers trough his wet hair.

     "What?"

      "What is it, Gally?"

      "Nick, it's a girl." Gally replied motioning his hand for someone to come over.