I hear footsteps sound next to me, timid ones that barely place any pressure on the concrete. 'I'm sorry, I should have heard, I should have listened,' he begins apologising whole he grips his hair and tugs at the roots. I've never seen him in such a panicked state before, but I know he feels guilty for being inside the vehicle the whole time while Harry was being attacked.

Harry tries to sit up again, only managing a few centimetres until his body tells him to stop. 'Enough of that mate, just help Atlas get me inside the van and then take me to my place, alright?' he orders, managing to carry the same weight of authority that's always in his voice despite the pain he's in.

George finally joins us on the floor, but he tries to keep his distance from the blood that has gathered around Harry. While I willingly jumped into it, he remains afraid of it. If only he could feel the terror that's coursing through my own at the moment. Both of us reach our hands behind Harry's shoulders, lifting him ever so slightly to try and make it easier to stand. There are no materials here for us to place him on, so he'll have to rise to his feet if we can get him inside the vehicle. I'm not sure it's even possible at this point. On our first attempt, his body collapses the minute we lift his backside off the ground.

I step back for a moment, looking down at the weakened figure as I try to weigh up his options. We still need something to gather the blood as we carry him otherwise the pressure of standing may cause the flow to increase. Instantly, I pull the cardigan off my body and bring the arms around Harry's waist to tie it. It's not much, but at least it will stop the trail that'll follow behind us. Once inside I can actually put more force behind it.

He gives me a quick nod, acknowledging my process, then tries himself to stand. Again, it's no use. The more he tries the louder his cries of pain get. We need to quiet him until we're inside the vehicle, otherwise someone will hear. If we contact the team, the whole robbery could be thrown out the window. They'll lose their composure and come running to their leader, that is a given.

The only thing I can think of to silence him is more clothing, so I pull my shirt out from my skirt, and begin ripping the fabric until I have a long strip. The men stare up at me, one with confusion, the other with gratitude. I bend down so I'm eye level with Harry again, holding the material out to him. 'Put this in your mouth ok? It's going to hurt but we need to move you now or it will be too late.' He nods at my words, immediately pushing the fabric into his mouth. I see his jaw clench as he bites down on it. 'We'll fix this.'

I turn to George, moving my arms under Harry again while I wait for him to do the same. 'On the count of three,' I tell him, earning a hesitant nod in response. Before moving, I steady my breathing and make sure my grip is tightened and strong. Then I poise myself to move. 'One, two, three...'

As the number sounds both of us out all our might behind our movements, guiding Harry's body to stand. Instantly, I hear his cries, his body instinctively fighting it but between George and I we finally manage to get him to his feet. It's clear that he's weak, and it wouldn't surprise me if we have to drag him towards the vehicle, but reaching this step is good.

While I hate the sight of anyone in discomfort or agony, seeing Harry enduring it is particularly hard. Throughout the time that we've known each other, I have always been the one that's been picked up off the ground when things get too much. He's made me feel safe at every possible opportunity and I've revelled in it. Now, I am the one that needs to be protective, I am the person in this that needs to be strong. Yet, when I look at him and hear his affliction, I completely crumble.

Given how close we've gotten as of late, seeing him like this shatters my walls and makes me genuinely fear the future. If Harry doesn't make it, I'm not sure how I'll cope. It's silly how attached I've become, but it's somehow impossible to imagine my life without him in it. He's latched onto the routine of my days and evolved into a permanent resident, something I've always been hesitant with. The threat of him disappearing isn't an option. Not anymore.