chapter 39

"It felt as if everything was perfect. After my graduation, I had applied for jobs as a lawyer but got rejected many times. I've waited years to propose to her. And buying a ring worthy of her, I proposed. I had prepared the best date.

And do you know what she did? She refused. She said that I will never make it through in life, I was dreaming for things that I will never have. She told me that I will always struggle and never reach my goal. She said that she could not be with a man who was struggling in life and she left me, alone and broken. She moved out of our apartment and went back to her parents.

A few months later, when I was looking for a file, I stumbled upon some papers. They were from a clinic. I checked them and they turned out to be  three consent forms, of abortion. She had aborted three children of mine and I did not even know about it. Knowing that, I always wanted a family, I always wanted to be a father, she mercilessly killed them. She did not even consider talking to me.

I was shocked, I needed answers. It was not that she did not want to be a mother, she always wished for a kid. I looked for her and months later, I was able to reach her.

About half a year after our break up, she had already got married and was pregnant. When I demanded answers all she said was 'I didn't want to have a family with someone like you who does not satisfies my wants. I now have a husband who is already settled down and has money.' To say I was heart broken is an understatement.

I got angry. I wanted revenge, I wanted to show her what she was missing out. I worked hard day and night to have been able to establish my own firm today. I have everything, money, power, an expensive penthouse, high end cars, a big office, designer clothes, except love.

I lost true self among all of this. I have everything a man can dream for yet everyday I feel defeated."

"I'm sorry." Myrah said sympathetically.

The man took a deep breath and sighed. A sweet giggle made him look at the woman sitting beside him.

"What?" He asked amused by her actions.

"It's funny how we know the deepest part of each other's life yet we don't know each other's name." Myrah said making the man smile.

He chuckled before saying.

"I'm Greyson."

Myrah smiled and put her hand forward.

"I am Myrah." He took her hand and shook it.

They both once again fell in a comfortable silence that soon was interrupted by Myrah's growling stomach.

Myrah blushed in embarrassment and Greyson chuckled at her state.

"Let's get you some food shall we?" He offered.

Myrah sheepisly nodded.

They drove to a nearby pizza place and ordered their pizza.

"Are you enjoying your pizza?'' Greyson asked Myrah who just nodded her head and stuffed her face with food.

"I am sorry, I did not answer earlier, I was just too hungry to speak." Myrah said and bit her lips.