Chapter 3: "Deal"

Bill's POV:

I was making deals with monsters and humans just like I always did. After a monster left a new one appeared. I immediately recognized him.

Standing in front of me was Nightmare.

"Hello, Mama Noot Noot," I said still teasing him with the nickname.

He groaned and said, "Seriously."

I looked at him with a smirk. "Yes," I said proud that I annoyed him.

"Anyways, I came here to invite you to hang out with me and 404," he explained.

"Wait. Are you talking about the 404 who doesn't like to be around anybody?!" I said shocked.

Nightmare facepalmed and said, "Yes, I am. Plus, we are good friends so he doesn't mind hanging out."

I got excited that I was able to see 404 again. "Sounds fun! I'll hang out with you guys!"

"Okay, 404 is already waiting for us so let's go!" Nightmare said excitedly. I guess he doesn't get to hang out much because of his job. He actually seems pretty happy to see 404 and me.

We teleported to Nightmare's castle. "My gang is either on their missions or hanging out with somebody, so nobody is here right now," he explained.

"Hey," a glitching voice said. I looked over and saw 404 sitting on a couch. I shivered at the voice. I knew it was 404, but his voice sounded so...

Empty.

I also noted that he barely smiled and had a distant expression on his face. I turned to Nightmare who gave a sad smile and said, "Hello." I made a mental note to ask Nightmare about why 404 acted like that.

"Hi!" I said smiling.

"So what should we do first?" 404 asked.

"We could always knit dolls," Nightmare teased.

404 stuck his tongue(s) out at Nightmare. "How about we play truth or dare?" I suggested.

"Sure," Nightmare and 404 responded.

"Who's going first?" I asked.

"I will," Nightmare said.

"Okay, go ahead."

"Hmm, 404! Truth or dare?" he asked.

"Dare," 404 said, his voice hollow. I flinched at the empty voice and noticed Nightmare didn't. He must be used to this. I thought sadly. Nightmare said, "I dare you to... act like Bill!"

404 stood up and cleared his throat. "I aM vErY aNnOyInG aNd I mAkE dUmB dEaLs WiTh PeOpLe!" he said in a high-pitched, glitching voice.

"Hey! I don't sound like that!" I complained, my face heating up from embarrassment.

Nightmare looked like he was going to die from laughing and even 404 was chuckling. I smiled seeing 404 having fun. We played a few more rounds after that. It was 404's turn now and he asked Nightmare, "Truth or dare?"

Nightmare boldly replied, "Dare!"

404 smirked and I had a feeling he was up to no good. "I dare you to..."

"Make a deal with Bill."

I nearly choked when he said that. Nightmare looked at him like he was crazy. "Do you want me to die?!" he exclaimed.

"Not all my deals hurt people!" I said offended.

"A dare is a dare," 404 calmly replied. "Plus, I never said what the deal had to be I just said 'Make a deal'."