The confidence took over him when he saw the brunet tense as soon as he said that he wanted to get to know him better. Maybe their feelings were mutual.

Sapnap felt his feelings getting stronger every time he's with that boy. At first it was just his heart doing a little flip every time Karl looked him in the eyes. Then there was that shiver running down his spine whenever they'd touch each other. And the worst thing out of all, he felt somehow safe with Karl. For some reason the taller boy next to him cared about him and that wasn't a common thing in Sapnap's life.

He heard how Karl was drumming on his bed with his fingers. Sapnap knew that the boy wouldn't do the first move. Every time Sapnap started flirting, the brunet got flustered and wouldn't dare to flirt back. At first he thought that Karl would maybe be uncomfortable and that it'd be the best to just stop trying. He didn't want to confuse him, maybe the boy wasn't even gay.

But when Sapnap started watching the way Karl's around other people, he did notice that he's different with them. He doesn't get flustered nor does he tense up every time they'd touch. Well, Sapnap does as well. He didn't expect the soft touches of the boy when he helped him with his wound. It felt nice, his warm fingers on his skin...and he wanted to feel them again. 

So he slowly moved his hand to the side and it slightly brushed Karl's hand. 

There it was.

The flip. His heart just did a flip. 

Their pinky fingers intertwined carefully. 

Karl let out a shaky breath when their hands intertwined completely. His butterflies were going crazy in his stomach and he really tried his best not to lean into the boy next to him. 

Their hands fit perfectly together, it was like they were made for each other. Karl felt a wave of anxiety overflowing him, scared of the feelings that were currently creeping up on the inside of his heart which was beating too fast at that moment. Yet Karl had never felt so secure and comfortable before. It was a feeling that he craved for and he never wanted to let go of the smaller boy's hand. 

He gave up when Sapnap's thumb softly run over his hand. His eyes closed slowly and his head got heavy before it fell onto the shoulder of the brunet next to him. 

Sapnap tensed up a little bit but when he felt Karl snuggle into the side of him, a smile creeped up on his lips. He didn't know how far he should go, if he should lay his arm around him already and pull him closer, if he should stroke the back of the boy or if he should just do nothing. 

They both didn't listen to the movie anymore, it was like they couldn't even hear it. All they heard at that moment was their heartbeat which was going rapid. 

For a few minutes, Sapnap just sat there awkwardly. His thumb was still caressing the taller boy's hand and Karl's head was resting on his shoulder. But suddenly he heard him slightly snorting and that's when he decided to do something. 

He lifted his arm up carefully, ignoring the pain of his side and laid it down around the other boy's neck. As soon as he pulled him a little bit closer, Karl swung his arms around Sapnap's torso and snuggled his head down into his chest. 

Sapnap stopped in his actions and thought that it was the best not to move in any way. At first he needed to comprehend his feelings that were coming over him like a tsunami at that moment. His heart felt like it was about to jump out of his chest. 

He sighed before he slipped down a little bit to get more comfortable as well. While his one hand was still intertwined with Karl's, his other was now softly running up and down on the boy's back next to him. 

He flinched when he heard a phone ringing. 

Sapnap turned to the side very quickly, but still carefully to not wake up the boy on his chest. He picked up the phone that was ringing, which was Karl's. 

Quackity was calling him.

Nick picked up immediately. 

"What do you want?", he whispered into the phone. 

"What do you mean? I'm meant to drive you home, dickhead! And why are you on Karl's phone... wait? You didn't kill him, right? Did you deadass kill him?", Quackity was screaming into the phone. 

"Shut up, no! He's sleeping right now", Sapnap was still whispering. 

"He's what?", the boy on the other end sounded so surprised that Sapnap frowned. 

"He's sleeping? Is there something wrong about him sleeping?", Sapnap scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"No, no. It's just... he didn't sleep very well for the last few days. I'm surprised and happy that he's sleeping right now", the voice of Quackity sounded soft and Sapnap smiled slightly. 

They stayed silent for a few seconds. 

"Alright, so maybe you could sneak out real quick and I drive you home?", Quackity asked. 

"Uhm... I don't really know about that".

Sapnap tilted his head down a little bit and it fell on a head of brown hair which was slightly tickling his nose. 

The scent of the taller boy beneath him was building up in his nose and he buried his head more down into it. 

"What do you mean?", Quackity sounded confused. 

Sapnap didn't want to leave him yet. Sapnap didn't want to leave him at all. And most importantly, what would Karl think if he'd wake up and Sapnap is suddenly away? It'd seem wrong and it also felt wrong to the smaller boy. 

"I think i'll stay here a little bit to.. keep an eye out on Karl. I mean, you said that he doesn't sleep well, right? Maybe he just needs some company?", Sapnap could facepalm himself right now. 

Way too obvious. 

"Oh, yeah sure", Sapnap could literally hear the other boy smirking.

"Alright, alright. I'll hang up then", he chuckled. 

"Yeah, bye", Sapnap was the first one to click the red button. 

He sighed. It felt like a reflex when he pulled the taller boy closer. 

And it didn't took long until Sapnap fell asleep as well. 

---------------------

Thank you for reading chapter nine! I hope you like it! <3 & thank you so much for 3k reads, it's insane :D Stay healthy. 

twitter for updates: cyleedd