FORTY

* back with a new chapter, and i'm so sorry for the wait!! this chapter is so cute though and i am so pleased it's finally here. enjoy! don't forget to vote and comment as you read!!! *

»»————««

CAMILLE

I considered my career and everything I'd been through in my personal life throughout my twenty two years on this planet. Never in my life had I felt nerves like this. Max and I sat for a few hours yesterday, just making sure all of this would be perfect and was the right plan to tell Charles our wonderful news. With Lando on FaceTime in Max's front room as we went through everything, I showed the boys everything I'd purchased to put in a small little box to gift to Charles.

I kept the initial pregnancy tests, and others I'd done in the meantime just to see the result again, to know it was real. Altogether, there was around twelve to go in a small, silk pouch, and I could already witness Charles checking over each one and admiring the result. Max helped me, much to his dismay, to find a Ferrari baby grow, which I purchased and got 'Baby' printed on the back of it, with the number seven - the day of Charles' papa's birthday - one which meant so much to him. I knew he would be racing under that number if Kimi didn't use it already. As well as the baby grow and the tests, I'd purchased a small bear with a little white t-shirt pulled over it. The shirt read, 'I love my Daddy', and I just couldn't wait any longer to have him sit at the table with me.

He'd been training this afternoon, and was currently showering, while I prepared dinner for us to enjoy together. I'd bought myself a new recipe book, and was using it for the first time this evening. I decided to try the ricotta, broccoli and new potato frittata, and it smelled absolutely delicious in our kitchen. Charles tried to come through when he arrived home, but I stopped him and navigated him to the bedroom instead, where I instructed him to take a shower. I pulled the usual 'you're sweaty and I don't want to hug you until you're clean' excuse, and he agreed to shower and meet me in the kitchen to prepare dinner. He had absolutely no idea that I'd been preparing and cooking dinner for the past hour now. The table was set for three of us. The surprise was ready.

"You've already started on dinner?" Charles entered the kitchen and I felt my stomach fill with more nervous butterflies as he wrapped his arms around me. I lifted a spoon to my mouth, just to check the temperature and the taste of the meal I'd made, while nodding my head. I feared that he'd already spotted what I'd done. "You're amazing."

"I wanted to surprise you," I shrugged my shoulders. "Did I?"

"Yes, mon amour," Charles pressed a kiss to the nape of my neck. "Thank you."

"Could you grab the water jug from the fridge? I'll take this dish, everything else is ready." I lifted the warm dish which I'd made the frittata in, and ensured that I slipped from the kitchen before Charles, because I wanted to divert his attention from the box on the third seat. I felt sick with nerves, and honestly, I had no idea how I was going to even eat the meal I'd prepared.

I dished out our food, starting with Charles' plate as he took a seat and filled our glasses with the ice cold water from the jug. I loved it when he came home to me, and we got to sit and eat together while talking about our days. I loved being in Charles' company more than anything in the world, and I had a feeling that we were about to become even closer before we finished this meal.

"This is delicious, mon amour," Charles spoke with his mouth full, causing me to glare at him and roll my eyes. "I didn't even know you were making dinner. You're the best."