SEVEN

»»————««

CAMILLE

I hurried up the concrete steps towards the front door of today's shoot location; it was my final work shift of the year and I couldn't wait to get it done. Charles and I were driving to Isola tomorrow because I'd stupidly agreed to go skiing for a few days to celebrate the beginning of winter break. I had no idea how things were going to play out considering I'd never been skiing in my life; to say that I was afraid would be a total understatement. We were all sorted, our bags all packed and ready for our early morning tomorrow; I couldn't wait for some quality alone time with my beautiful fiancé. Clearing my throat, I smiled at the receptionist on the front desk before rushing through to my dressing room. Within a few minutes, my bag was on the floor and my coat was off, with Sara at the door. I knew she was flying out to be in Monaco for my final shoot today, so I wasn't surprised when I saw her standing in the doorway with a wide smile on her lips.

"Happy last shoot of the year," Sara's smile was infectious as she opened her arms for me to walk into. I hugged her tightly as she rubbed my back; she'd always been like a third mother to me, after mama and Sophie. "I have some news for you. There's someone here who you need to meet, your new shooting partner for today and some campaigns in the new year."

"Interesting," I chewed on my lip as I shoved my phone into my back pocket after sending Charles a message to let him know I'd arrived safely at work. I could feel my heart begin to pound at the thought of meeting someone new. "Take me. I'm nervous, but just as excited."

"I think you'll like him," Sara smiled and my stomach dropped a little, because I wasn't expecting to be joined by a male model; I'd not professionally shot any pictures with any male apart from Charles. I could feel the butterflies building as the seconds passed and Sara led me through the corridor. "His name is Felix. He's British, but has been living in Monaco for a while now."

I chewed on my lip. I had no idea how to approach shooting with a man, but I tried to keep cool as I thought about the new possibilities and how this could boost my audience a little more. I followed Sara through the corridor and towards another dressing room; she knocked on the door, a strong British accent coming from the other side, before we entered the room. I walked behind Sara, nervously fiddling with my fingers as I lifted my eyes to look at the boy. He smiled at me politely.

"Felix, it is my pleasure to introduce you to Camille, our most popular model in France," Sara's way of introducing me caused butterflies to congregate in my stomach. I'd never thought of myself like that before, and I felt a little emotional at the thought of actually being the most popular model in France. "Camille, this is Felix. He's well known in our British branch of the brand, but now he's in Monaco and I thought working together would be a great opportunity for you both."

Felix held his hand out for me to shake. I didn't know how to approach him, my whole body immensely tense at the thought of working with a male. Usually, I would have no problem with it, but this felt a little different and maybe it was because I was engaged and I knew how close I would have to be to Felix during shoots. I wished Charles was a model instead and we had the opportunity to shoot photos together just like we did in France a few months ago. I knew if I asked Sara about it, particularly for my Calvin Klein campaign, she would be fine with it, but now, I was with Felix, and I had to work with him today.

"It's nice to meet you," he nodded with a smile as I shook his hand firmly. "Sara has told me so much about you."

I felt my stomach tighten as I thought about all the things Sara could've said about me. I felt so anxious right now, my fingertips sweating as I released his hand from my grip, looking at him with slight fear in my eyes.