TWENTY FIVE

* this chapter took so long to write - please keep commenting and voting as you read. it really motivates me (and my motivation has been rather non existent for this story recently) *

»»————««

CAMILLE

"Will you be long in there?" Charles knocked on the locked bathroom door at the exact moment I turned the shower off and squeezed my damp hair between my fingers, hoping to get rid of any excess water before I took the smaller white towel to wrap around my head. "You have a message."

I grumbled, reaching for the longer piece of linen to wrap around my wet body. We were in Bahrain and it was Saturday, qualifying day, and I couldn't wait to see what Charles would do in the car today. I knew he was capable of so much and he would do everything in his power to make the team proud of him. He wasn't expected to arrive at the circuit until nine, so we were lucky to share an extra few minutes together under the warm duvet cover, our bodies tangled closely together, Charles' fingers paying extra attention to my soft skin. I forced my way out of the bed to take a shower, so that I had plenty of time to get myself ready for the day. Charles told me that Andrea would head to the circuit with us and we we would eat breakfast together in the Ferrari motor home before they disappeared to ensure that Charles was prepared to get into the car for the third and final free practice session of the weekend, shortly followed by qualifying.

I opened the bathroom door and noticed Charles sitting on the edge of the bed, still dressed in only his underwear as he nervously looked at my phone. I chewed on my lip, because that reaction was never good. Whilst walking towards him, I held out my hands for Charles to take, hoping to reassure him before sending him to the bathroom because we didn't have time to waste after spending that little while longer in bed.

"Who's it from?" I ensured my towel was tucked securely around my frame before walking towards the wardrobe in the corner of our large, spacious room. I knew what I was wearing after planning my outfit last night before I climbed into bed beside Charles. I pulled the short, summer dress which was decorated with flowers from the railing, along with the white cardigan I planned to wear across my shoulders. The weather in Sakhir was lovely today and I didn't want to be too hot or too cold whilst at the track. I knew I'd be fine like this. I noticed that my fiancé was yet to reply to my question and I didn't understand why, so I prompted him. "Charles."

"My brother." He sounded a little pissed off and my heart fell into my stomach. I knew who he meant immediately. Arthur and I were close as a result of my relationship with Charles and he was wonderful. It was a real shame that we didn't get to spend as much time together as we would've hoped, but my close relationship with both of Charles' brothers still remained.

"Arthur?" I cleared my throat whilst waiting for clarification. Charles nodded, as I took his hands between mine and brought him to his feet. I smiled at my fiancé, taking his cheeks between my fingertips and pressing our lips together. "I'll check it later. I don't have time right now. I need to make myself look all pretty."

"You already look like the prettiest girl in the world," Charles brushed his fingers across my damp cheekbones as a soft smile lifted on his face. I loved how nice he was to me. Charles was very caring and I was lucky to have him in my life. I would never tire of expressing my gratitude for him. "I love you, mon amour."

"I love you, too," I couldn't help but leave another kiss on Charles' soft lips before pushing my fingers to the centre of his chest. "Now go shower! Andrea will be here soon and you need to get ready."