Two Years Later

Ok so before we begin, everyone is their BOOK AGES (I will write about movie Olive and Enoch of course lol but for now they are their book ages.) So imagine everyone's character like the book except for Jake (I think Asa Butterfeild was a PERFECT cast) along with Ms. Alma Lefay Perragrine (another perfect cast!) and the house and yard same as movie because I reallllyyyu liked it.
Enjoy!

Hugh's POV

Fiona and I have been wandering around Europe for around a year now. Apparently we're Syndrasti, or Peculiar.
The first few months, I never heard Fiona speak, not one word. Sure, I had an occasional grunt or two but that was all. Then as if it was some sort of miracle, she started to speak. Well, speak was an exaggeration, more like something a little more than a whisper, kind of like a murmur. But now she whispered what she was thinking and feeling, I never asked her to speak louder out of fear she'll stop talking all together. Sure she was dirty, we both were, but she was beautiful. Her brown mess of hair hung nice on her back when she walked, it didn't bother me in the least bit (after awhile) the things she kept in her hair. She looks small for her age, like a 14 year old (she only reaches my chin), but maybe that's because of how malnourished she is, (then again, I look worse for wear myself) but it turns out she's about 6 months younger than me, 16, whereas I'll be 17 next month. Honestly, I don't even think we'll survive another month, at the rate we're going we'll succumb to exhaustion or frostbite— whichever comes first.
Currently we're on our way to Cairnholm, off the coast of Wales. We got a tip from an Irish lady, the same one who told us what we are. She had 3 eyes! She said one could tell the future.
I was lucky Fiona spoke English, even if she isn't the best conversationalist she can at least understand me. I've begun to fancy her a bit, but maybe that's because we've been the only constant in each other's lives for the better part of a year.

(Time skip)

I told the fairy boat driver where to take us. He eyed us suspiciously, but who could blame him? We looked like hell. We only had two changes of clothes in our nap sack and bathed in the creeks we'd stumble upon.
"Hhrmph" the driver said, tossing his head to the side to signal us to sit down. I grabbed Fiona's hand for comfort, I'm terrified of the water. She smiled at me in return and rubbed her thumb on mine. My heart melted a bit. To be honest, I more than fancied her, I loved her.

An hour later we docked and walked into town. We walked into a bar, the smell of hamburgers making my stomach roar. The barkeep tossed a towel onto his shoulder and starred.
"Yuh guys need somethin'?"
Fiona looked down and I shook my head.
"We're looking for a house." I said, my voice wavering when I saw the waitress bring out a nice juicy burger for the guy who looks like he could go with out a few.
"We have a lot of houses here, kid." Said a long bearded man nursing a frothy mug of beer. The rest of the customers giggled. Fiona clung to my arm and started at her feet, obviously embarrassed by the patrons of the bar staring at her.
"Saul," the plump red headed waitress beckoned the barkeep, Saul, over. "I think they're looking for the children's home!" She whisper yelled. Saul raised an eyebrow at her, but she kept going, "for the refugees!"
Fiona looked up and nodded, the woman put up a hand to her heart.
"Follow the stony path, you'll be right there in an hour."
Fiona looked up once more and nodded with a smile, never letting go of me.

The waitress was right, an hour or so later we were staring at the large Victorian mansion.
"Fee," I asked, using my own name for her, "Are you ok?" She looked at me and smiled for a minute before kissing me on the cheek and immediately blushing. She nodded and intertwined her fingers with mine. As if to say "I'm ready."

2/20/21

Remember to comment and leave suggestions !