Careers Choses

Jane and Maura became friends eventually working on several of Boston's high profile cases. If you ever heard about well know cases,  one or both names would be mentioned next.

They always took their jobs serious, worked hard and complemented each others careers.  These two were often sought out by other police stations.  Captain Cavanaugh allowed them to make their own minds if they helped others. Cavanaugh knew if he forced them, they wouldn't be productive and solve the case. He just told them their cases here came first.

Maura was getting ready for her boarding school reunion out of the country. She finally was able to convince her gal pal and colleague to come and join her.  Jane wasn't one for traveling in places that spoke minimal English but for Maura she agreed to go. Angela took them to the airport so neither of them would have to pay for parking for two weeks.

Angela asked her daughter,  "ticket,  passport, camera with lots of usb cards, enough undergarments,  comfortable shoes and a evening gown along with your other hygiene and clothing. " Yes, MA, the next thing you going to ask me if I sewn in labels with my name on them." "Jane you still not too old for you to take over my knee to spank you. I only want to make sure you have everything.  I want lots of pictures taken.  You are the first of the Rizzoli's to go out of the United States. " Maura laughed and hugged Angela and said, "I will make sure she takes alot of pictures and behaves. Jane just chuckled and hugged her MA bye.

"Why must you encourage her? You should be taking my side after all two weeks, minimal English language and I have to wear this dang evening gown.  You know I dislike formal attire." "Jane stop being a big baby, you will enjoy yourself and you will survive two weeks without your burger from the Daily Robber. I have no idea how you can be hooked on those greasy patties that are just clogging your arteries." "Maura they are my arteries to clog up. Yeah, I eat alot of unhealthy food but make up for it by working out. With all the fruits and salads you have me eat daily,  a hamburger a week or two doesn't hurt my figure. I am in the best shape I ever been. By the way how long will it take to fly to France with our connecting flight?" Jane it will take nine hours total with a half hour lay over."
Maura wasn't one for flying coach so first class seats is where they sat. Jane looked at the menus and enjoyed the hot towel she received to clean-up. Jane said okay, I will have the dark label beer, prime rib with green beans with garlic potatoes. "I might as well enjoy my American meal before we get to France."  Maura just shook her head and ordered a glass of champagne with her meal.
As soon as Jane finished she fell asleep until they had to exit the plane for the layover.  Jane had a sweet tooth and purchased two ice teas and two cinnabons while they waited for the connecting flight.  She handed Maura's hers.  Maura was no better when it came to sweets. Half hour flew by quickly no pun attended. Maura and Jane back in first class.  Maura ordered herself some water and cashews.  Jane had her salted peanuts and water.  They both fell asleep until they were twenty minutes from landing. Maura went to freshen up. Maura has an apparent look when she is in France amongst her classmates. All the classmates were flying in about the same time and limousines were waiting for each party of four.  I had no clue who oue couple was going to be.

We met Jane's former roommate and her husband a international lawyer. When they asked me my career, they were like ah ok. The conversation was a little dry and boring for me, but I made sure I engaged them in intellectual conversation so Maura would not be embarrassed by a low paying Boston detective.  We arrived to the hotel, which was very posh. We said our good byes and would meet with all tomorrow for breakfast. Jane I know they pretentious thank you for being engaging and not saying anything that would offend them.  I have not seen any of these ladies for twenty years. Lets get our room, unpack and go to the gym to work out and to the pool afterwards. 
We went to the work our room in the gym with deluxe accommodations.

Maura let's see who can go for three miles with the lowest heart rate

Maura let's see who can go for three miles with the lowest heart rate.  The loser has to buy the winner the dessert, beer or wine of the winners choosing. "You on Jane." Jane and Maura running on the treadmill for three miles. I couldn't believe  it, I lost to Maura who rarely jogs. Her work out consists of swimming and yoga.

I laughed alot and heckled her when she lost.  I was not the best sport about when I won. We went to the pool after changing into swim wear and stayed there for two hours, swimming and relaxing.
Dinner time was approaching,  "Jane since I won, hehehe,I checked with the hotel to see if one of my favorite restaurants was still open. You will love the food, I promise.  It is walking distance so no transportation is needed.
Maura and I arrived at her restaurant win. I relied on Maura translating the menu for me. I ordered a kabobs of fresh seafood, vegetables of the day along with a glazed lemon chicken and a dark beer. Maura ordered snails as I saw it as forget the fancy name for it..it was snails cooked in wine sauce, along with lobster salad and French bread with her merlot. When I looked at the price for one glass of merlot, I gulped ($125.00). Maura smiled and chuckled.  I told her that she better drink all of it at that price.  We both ordered tiramisu with coffee. My  portion of the bill was $285.00. I could only imagine what Maura's was. We went back to our room and used the rooms hot tub to unwind before we took a shower and nodded off.