Stalker

(A/N ALERT ALERT ALERT if Destiny seems off because she's a full-on badass in this chapter and we get some songfic action and FYI yes the song will be from after 2001 because all songs before then suck and I found a perfect song for Destiny being a total badass)

As dad enters the break room, we were laughing and giggling. Dad smiles and shakes his head. Uncle Warrick, Aunt Sara and I are sitting at the break table, huddled over the latest "Crime Stopper" issue. "Who wrote this, "Uncle Warrick asked. "You're kidding me, right," Dad asked. "Nick Stokes, Crime Stopper," I said and the dad chuckles. "You went Hollywood on me, man," Uncle Warrick said. Then Aunt Sara spoke up, "And I quote, "in his off time, he enjoys creating and inventing toys." That's fascinating. What kind of toys do you make, Nick," she joked. "To be honest he judges me for the talent show. I'm singing," I said. "I thought I got my hands on all those departmental newsletters. Where'd you get those," he asked. We all looked at him and we all said, "Greg." "Yeah, that figures. All right, listen, Grissom wants us to divide and conquer. Blond hair for you, Warrick, "dad hands Uncle Warrick the bagged strand of hair. "I do love a blond," he said. I rolled my eyes at this teenage behaviour. Dad puts the file folder on the table in front of Aunt Sara, "Sara, you're on phone records," he said. "Yay," she said. Dad slowly leaves the room. He crumples the newsletter on his way out. Uncle Warrick said, "Hey, I wasn't done reading that." I giggled. "Yes, you are," dad said

Lab
                                                                                                                                                                                              Greg is sitting at the table reading a "Teen" magazine with Pink on the cover. He doesn't move when Uncle Warrick comes in. "How's that platinum blond coming," Uncle Warrick asked. "the wrong question," Greg said. "Come on, Greg I'm not getting anything out of trace. I was hoping you could help me out here," He said. "I took a snip, ran a crossed immuno-electrophoresis, "Greg puts his magazine aside and picks up the bag with the hair sample. He tosses it to Uncle Warrick, "Didn't pass," Greg his goes back to his magazine. "Not hair? Not human? What are you reading," Uncle Warrick asked. Greg turns the cover over and shows it to uncle Warrick. "This is Pink. Pink, this is Warrick, "He joked. "Do you know how hot you are? Ssss!," he said looking a the cover. I slapped him playfully, "Respect women," I said. "Bet I know someone who's hotter and I'm not talking about looks," Uncle Warrick said. I then laughed at Greg's look on his face. "Yeah?" Greg asked. Uncle Warrick nodded. "How mad is he?" Greg asked. "Watch your back," I said.

I was scrolling through my Playlist with my headphones in but not playing any music while dad was fuming a plastic bag when Greg walked in. He knocked lightly on the door. "Heard you were looking for me," he asked. "Greg. Come here. I want to talk to you for a sec, "Dad said. Greg hesitates at the door. "Come on, "Dad said. Greg walks in and stops when he reaches dad. "What's up," he asked. Dad slaps Greg on the back and grasps the back of his neck. "Stop invading my privacy, man, I don't like it. I'm just trying to do my job around here. I don't need the extra attention and neither does Destiny. She has a talent show coming up," dad said. "Okay. But, I mean, you are the one who's doing the "Forensic Spotlight" in the department newsletter and didn't Destiny help you out," Greg said. Dad tightens his grip on Greg's shoulder. Greg winces in pain. "I didn't do anything, man. Someone from the community wrote a letter of commendation. Public affairs ran it. Cool," Dad asked. Greg nods and said, "Cool." Dad lets go of Greg and walks around the tank. Greg sighs and looks into the tank. "So, uh, what are you fuming," he asked. A plastic bag from the crime scene. I'm trying to get lucky -- see if I can get some prints off it, "Dad said. Dad opens the top of the tank and starts to fan the fumes. Greg stares intently at the plastic bag inside. "Did she die of suffocation," he asked. Dad stares at Greg, amazed that he got it in one. Greg still stares at the plastic bag inside the tank. He glances up at Dad when he doesn't get a response. Dad catches on that Greg sees something. He moves back around the tank to stand next to Greg. "What is it," I asked making the two jump. I rolled my eyes and walked over to the tank. On the plastic bag is the imprint of the victim's face. 

Later