CHAPTER 8

"You're so drunk!"

I sobbed. "I miss my mother, babe. I miss mom. I feel like I'm alone. Mag-isa nalang ako." Damn it! I was so vulnerable I couldn't help it.

He took a handful of my hair to my back and wiped my sweat on my face.

"I'm here, Maco. I will always be here. I'm sorry if my presence alone wasn't enough for you to feel that you have me. What should I do for you to feel me?"

Niyakap ko ang unan at patuloy lang ako sa paghikbi. I knew that he'd always be with me but I needed an assurance that he wouldn't leave me.

I cupped his face. The pain that I felt reflected in his eyes. He's hurting too.

"I love you," softly, he said straight in my eyes.

"Marry me." I had expected the surprise from him. And then he smiled.

"You're just drunk and you don't mean it." Umiling ako. Ito lang ang naiisip kong paraan para magkaroon ako ng karapatan sa kaniya. For me to have the right to demand time from him. For me to be assured he wouldn't leave. "You're sad and grieving, Maco. Marriage will never be the answer."

Bumangon ako. "I mean it, Zeon. Marry me. Hindi iyon magbabago. Bukas yayayain pa rin kita. Even if I am sober. I wanted to marry you."

"No. You're not ready for that." Bumangon din siya at hinarap ako. "You're not ready for the responsibility. So, never open that again, okay?"

"You don't wanna marry me, do you?" My voice got broken. His eyes were now in chaos. "Do you have someone in mind to marry? Am I not alright as your wife?"

Hinawakan niya ang kamay ko. "Listen, babe. I don't care if you're not fit to be my wife. But, look. You're still young for the obligation. You won't wanna like it. I am always ready to be your husband, but are you?"

Without a doubt, I nodded. He drew a problematic sigh. "I am, Zeon. When should I be ready? I... I don't know how to cook, but I can learn. We can pay for a laundry. I can do household chores." He shut his eyes and turned his face above.

"I don't care about those stuff. I have money to pay for maids. What I meant was..." He stared at my confuse eyes and sighed. "Matulog ka na. Let's talk about it tomorrow."

"You're changing the topic, Zeon. What you mean what?" Niyakap niya ako pahiga. Tinitigan ko ang mukha niya. "Ayaw mo ba talaga akong pakasalan?"

"It's not like—"

"Then marry me...please?" I just wanna be with him. He opened his mouth to answer but I sealed it back with a kiss. I delved in my tongue and explored the corner of his mouth. I deepened the kiss so he could run no more.

Hinalikan ko ang gilid ng labi niya hanggang bumaba ang halik ko sa kaniyang panga.

"Maco." He tried to stop me but I couldn't be stopped. My one hand began exploring his chest. He captured my hand and rolled over me. "Stop," mariin niyang pigil habang mabibigat ang hininga.

I said hoarsely, almost begging. Alam kong nagpipigil lang siya. His patience wearing thin. I wanted to tear it off. "Make love to me, babe..." And then I captured his lips. This time, hindi siya nagpapigil. He gave back the kiss and the moves.

"Stop me, Maco."

"Go on. Take me."

Tiningnan niya ang buo kong mukha. "I love you." He kissed my forehead and obliged to my demands.

Zeon kissed my lips down my neck while slowly pulling down his white sando on my body. With a snap, I was naked, ready to get devoured. He kissed my peaks while softly squeezing it.