|| OS - Cry me Awake. ||

|| Requested by: ari_ligh! Thanks for requesting. ||
|| Context: Whitty gets a nightmare, and wakes up. It scared him so badly that he starts crying, and the reader has to comfort him. ||

He tossed and he turned, his nightmare causing his body to unintentionally move a bunch. His breathing hitched, as he slowly started crying in his sleep. "..no, wait.." he muttered, his black tears falling onto his white pillow.

his orange eyes opened wide, as he went in for a deep breathe. he awoken, from the bad side of the bed. his breathing uneasy, as he slowly got up from his lied down position. you wouldn't naturally expect him to get nightmares, but he's been getting them so frequently out of nowhere. 

he looked over to your sleeping body, sound asleep. you always looked so peaceful. why couldn't he sleep like that now? he sniffled, his tears coming back for more. he softly cried onto his hands, tired of this never-ending nightmare.

the moon light cascaded over his half covered up body. he always naturally did sleep in that hoodie, yet he always shared the blanket with you. he cried some more, wishing for this pain to stop.

"just stop.." he whispered to himself, hoping his mind was somewhat listening to his crying pleas. he heard shuffling, "..whitty?" your voice startled him, making him jump and look at you.

he quickly wiped his tears away, and greeted you, "er, good morning, y/n." "whitty, what's wrong?" you adjusted your body, it now sitting next to his taller form. he smiled, "it's nothing- really.. just go back to bed."

"whitty, you can tell me. i'm here for a reason." you grabbed his hand. he sighed, knowing you wouldn't let go of it. you slowly softened your grip on his hand, "look, just.. tell me when you can. i can wait, but i want to help you."

he couldn't help himself. he crashed his body onto yours, wrapping his arms around your smaller form. he cried, his black tears falling onto the blanket. you rubbed his back, in a way to somewhat comfort him.

you two stayed like this for a bit. he kind of enjoyed it, really. his cries turned soft, nothing more than just slight whimpers here and there. "are you good now?" you say, pushing him back softly and held his hands. he nodded, sighing.

"i've been.. getting nightmares recently. about my past and just.. it's stressing me out. i'm tired. this time, this nightmare was about you.. leaving me. and i begged for you to stay, but you didn't listen and i.. i just broke and woke up." his tone sad, and you can see some tears forming again.

you went in front of him and kissed him, catching him off guard. he kissed back eventually, letting go after a while. "whitty," you start, as you put his hand on his cheek. "i'd never leave you. you know that. i love you too much to just suddenly let you go. please, don't ever think i'd break your spirit like that." 

he sadly smiled, sniffling a bit. he put his much larger hand on your face, cupping your cheek while the other hand held yours. he whispered, "thank you, y/n." you put his forehead onto yours, smiling at him, "no problem, lovely."

you kiss his cheek, "i love you." "i love you too, sweetheart." he said, his face now sweet. he lied down, still holding you close to him.

he knows for sure he wasn't going to leave you any time soon.