"They're Runners." A voice spoke causing Rosie to jump in fear, she turned to see the boy from yesterday who had carried her to the bed. "They're the only ones allowed to go outside of the Glade."

"The Glade? What the hell is that?" Rosie asked him

Gally scratched the back of his head, "you're going to learn everything soon. Alby or Nick will explain it to you, they're the ones who usually take care of the Greenies."

Rosie rose her eyebrow, "Greenie? What is that?"

Before Gally could reply even though he wasn't going to, Ander had jogged back to the pair. "Sorry to leave you alone, just making sure they came back alive."

"Came back alive?"

Ander realized what he had said, "Oh, I wasn't suppose to say anything, huh?" Gally shook his head wiping his face with his hand.

"Save it for the Gathering. It's going to start soon anyway." Gally stated walking away to one of the boys that came from the entrance.

"Is he always like that?" Rosie asked wondering why the boy seemed so uptight.

Ander shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know, I've only been here for about two months. I'm barely getting used to this place let alone people. He likes things in order, that's for sure."

Ander reached for her shoulder until an instinct kicked in her that caused her to react and bend his arm before he could place it on her shoulder, "don't touch me." She warned.

"Ow!" Ander exclaimed pulling away as Rosie let him go, "you've got some hands for sure. Jesus! That fucking hurt!"

Rosie apologized, "I'm sorry. I just—I don't know you very well and I don't know where I am."

"Clearly!" Ander replied massaging his arm, "Come on, I'm taking you to Alby." Rosie rubbed her arms following the boy who soon was going to become the one she would confide in for everything. "Alby!" The girl's eyes roamed around the Glade, she felt completely out of place. Especially since she was the only girl here and full of boys around 12 to possibly 18 years of age. The other two boys she had a small interaction with yesterday turned around to see Ander and Rosie walking towards them. "Nick is the leader, the one who you talked to first and Alby's the one second in command."

"Sleeping Beauty's awake!" Nick exclaimed, "Welcome!" Rosie stayed quiet not replying to his welcome, "tough crowd?"

Alby shot him a look, shaking his head trying to send him the message to be nicer to her. "Do you remember your name?"

     Rosie nodded but the boy standing next to her spoke for her without giving it a thought, "her name's Rosie!" The two boys glared at the innocent Ander making him realize what he did. A smile curved on her lips when he started to apologize. "Sorry, my bad."

     "Why don't you go check if Frypan needs some help?" Nick asked Ander who nodded avoiding eye-contact with him and his fingers starting to fidget. A small detail Rosie picked up on.

      "Who's Frypan?" Rosie asked stopping Ander from walking away. She didn't want him to leave her side. He was the only person she felt some sort of safety with.

       Ander opened his mouth but Nick shook his head, "I have to go. See you at the Gathering." Ander waved turning around and sprinting to the same building they were in before but into a different room.

      Rosie crossed her arms turning back to the two boys who were sat on a bench. "Alby here will give you the tour to the Glade after the Gathering. Come on, it's about to start."