Chapter 13 - Eclipse

★・・・・・★

Memories of that night were hazy at best, Patricia couldn't even remember how long they remained on the dance floor after the song had ended, only that Morgan carried her off in his arms, somehow slipping through the crowd of people unnoticed. He arrived at her bedroom door and began to turn the handle, but Patricia balked at him. She didn't want to wake up Kyle while she was in such a besotted state, mumbling incoherently to Morgan as she pushed the door closed using the force. He thought pensively about his next move and made the reluctant decision to take her to his room, praying to the force that he wouldn't be incurring her wrath come morning.

Patricia's eyes briefly fluttered opened as they entered his vacuous room, recalling the inhospitable frigidness from the last time she had entered, and trembled involuntarily. Morgan looked at her briefly in concern, but she rested a hand on his chest, sending notes of contentment that soothed his concerns. Fatigue washed over her then, and her instincts became fuzzier around the edges, but she felt safe and protected in his arms. She closed her eyes, last feeling the softness of his sheets against her skin as he placed her in bed, then the warmth of his blanket enveloping her and moments later, darkness carried her away.

Sometime during the night she awoke, having slept off the effects of her inebriation. She looked around the dimly lit room, still a little disoriented regarding her whereabouts until she saw Morgan lying on the floor next to her. She stared at him and smiled, taking in how peaceful and handsome he looked, still dressed in his grey robes, but his hair a mess of brown waves.

She thought about waking him, not wanting to wait another moment to share her revelation, but decided against it, best leaving such an important conversation for the morning. But as she settled back in bed, something colorful pinned above his nightstand caught her eye—it was a picture of a droid that Kyle had drawn a few days before. Patricia was overcome with emotion, feeling a sharp pang in her chest, out of everything he could have decorated his walls with over the years—Kyle was the one that made him feel most at home, such a little memento had broken through his steely-walled barriers.

She wiped away a tear that ran down her face and crawled off his bed, curling up next to him. Morgan pulled her close and she buried her face into his robes, smelling hints of pine, smoke, and much to her surprise motor grease. She brought her hand up to his face and slowly memorized every angle of his jaw, feeling his coarse stubble underneath her fingertips. She tapped gently on the dimples forming on his cheeks as he smiled at her, no longer able to keep up the pretense of being asleep.

She propped herself up onto one elbow—staring adoringly at his remarkable face, appreciating what a wonderful person he truly was—before she leaned over and kissed him gently, feeling his soft, plush lips press against hers. He brought his arm around and cupped the back of her head, pulling her into him, deepening the kiss. As the minutes went by, and the passion soared, he lifted himself up and pushed her back against the floor, his body almost completely hovering over hers, as he explored her mouth and tongue—his lips only leaving hers to leave a trail of kisses along her jaw and up to her ear—feeling her delightfully squirm underneath his gentle touches. She let out a moan as his hands traveled down her body, and brushed against her breast through the amethyst dress she still wore.

"Help me with the buttons," she whispered, blushing as she felt Morgan's entire body stiffen at her bold innuendo.

He shifted his body off hers, and Patricia carefully twisted onto her stomach, taking care not to snag the jewels adorning her dress. He swept Patricia's hair across her back and over her shoulders, feeling the silkiness dance between his fingertips. Morgan began kissing down her back, the same areas he had caressed earlier while they danced—more moans escaped her lips while his warm mouth lingered on her skin. His fingers finally reached the back opening of her dress, and she let out soft gasps as he unbuttoned each button, drawing light circles, as he exposed inch after inch.