Chapter 8: Suspicions

Later on that day, the girls were in the den just talking and laughing while they were waiting to find out what was next for the rehearsals, whether it was time to rehearse Maddie's solo, Chloe's solo or the group dance.

"What do you guys want to do when we get to lake Tahoe on our day off?" Nia asked the girls.

"How about we go to an arcade?" Mackenzie suggested.

"Sounds like a plan." Brooke agreed, then she noticed that her sister was deep in thought about something. "What's on your mind, Paigey Mack?"

"Did you know that Franklin has recently been looking at Miss Abby differently?" Paige observed, referring about Franklin looking at Abby with lovestruck expressions.

"Yeah." Mackenzie said, suspecting that her dance teacher has a crush on her former student.

"Paigey, i've been noticing that as well, because whenever Franklin is sitting next to her, i saw that she was blushing." Maddie added.

"Something is going on between those two and hopefully we can put two and two together when we find out what is going on." Brooke stated.

"Yeah and Miss Abby has been a lot happier since Franklin came along." Nia added, whenever she or one of the girls looked over at Abby eyeing Franklin, Abby would have a smile on her face and a twinkle in her eye.

"To be honest, i think having Franklin around is kinda fun, even though he can be tough like Miss Abby." Brooke said.

"Who knows?" Maddie shrugged.

Meanwhile, up in the viewing room, Melissa, Jill, Kelly, Christi and Holly were conversating about going to Lake Tahoe this upcoming weekend as Abby was waiting to work on either Chloe or Maddie's solo or the group dance and Franklin was just standing in the studio.

"Lake Tahoe in my opinion is one of the best places to go." Jill stated.

"I'm gonna enjoy Lake Tahoe, maybe we could go out and get a drink?" Kelly suggested to the other moms.

"Maybe we could do that, but if we do that, who is gonna watch the girls while we're gone?" Christi wondered, if they got a drink, who would watch the girls?

"How about Abby watches them?" Melissa asked.

"That would be the last thing that we would want, the last time Abby watched them, Chloe came to me crying and she told me that Abby yelled at her and Paige for being too loud." Christi cringed.

"How about Franklin?"

"Maybe with him, things could be calmer." Holly agreed, then she, Kelly, Christi and Jill were looking in the studio and saw Franklin sit next to Abby, who looked nervous and for some reason, she was getting nervous whenever she was near him and even Franklin got nervous whenever he was near Abby. "Do you all notice that Abby got nervous when Franklin sat next to her?"

"Yeah, i was noticing that." Jill admitted.

"I think she likes him." Melissa observed, seeing Franklin tell Abby a funny joke and it made her laugh and they were quieting their conversations in the event that the moms were overhearing them.

"Hopefully she likes him as a friend." Kelly muttered, hoping that they were just friends telling each other jokes.

"That's what i hope as well." Christi admitted.

Down in the Studio, Franklin and Abby had finished up their conversation and were now ready to work with either Maddie or Chloe, or even the group number.

"Ok, we worked on the Trio, what should be next?" Franklin asked.

"How about Chloe's solo?" Abby suggested to her former student.

"Good idea, then we can work with Maddie on her solo and then we'll work on the group dance."

"We can do that." Abby told him as she saw him get up from the mat and walk towards the dancers den, she couldn't help but admire his long hair.