06 : change of plan

the best thing about one sided love.. is that i get to decide when i want to say goodbye.

--

[ y/n's pov ]

"hey y/n, why don't you and beomgyu just date already?"

what-

i grimaced at yeona's suggestion and held my hand up in defense. i was used to being shipped with beomgyu, but it was starting to grow annoying.

"eh- please. i don't get why people see us as a full-on couple. can't people make eye contact in peace?" i asked with a smile.

yeona put on a devilish smirk before nudging my ribs, "the thing is.. you and beomgyu do so much more than make eye contact. you make physical contact as well. you make a lot of physical contact actually. it's only natural for people to think that you're dating."

i shrugged, "i mean, i guess? but we're not."

"we'll see about that."

just then, beomgyu walked into the classroom. he wore an adorable smile on his face.

"y/n, guess what," he called as he sat down at his desk right next to mine.

i pursed my lips as his smile widened, "what?"

beomgyu stomped his feet on the ground excitedly. i raised a brow at his odd enthusiasm of whatever the heck he was talking about.

"ok so.. i got tickets for the amusement park, but there are three. i'm not sure if there's anyone else i want to invite other than you, but wanna come?"

i shook my head, "nope."

it's an automatic yes. obviously.

beomgyu instantly pouted and leaned closer to me, whispering in my ear while acting cute.

"please..?"

does this idiot really think doing aegyo is going to convince me to go with him?

i pushed his face away from me and giggled, "you idiot. of course i'm going with you. first of all, you need supervision. second of all, i don't think you would enjoy your time there without me. am i right?"

beomgyu grinned sheepishly, "that's right, dingus. plus, even if you didn't want to go with me i would still drag you."

"you would, actually-"

"class! we have a new student joining us today," our teacher shouted out of no where, "welcome him warmly, hm?"

the class stared in the direction of the door, curious to who the new student could be. beomgyu and i exchanged a shrug.

just then, i remember having to hold myself back from gasping out loud.

h-hyunjin?

"hi, everyone. i'm hwang hyunjin. i hope we could all get along well!" he said enthusiastically.

hyunjin then looked in my direction, only to see me. his jaw dropped a bit.

i waved to hyunjin nervously as beomgyu raised a confused brow.

"hyunjin, you may sit behind y/n. y/n raise your hand," our teacher announced.

although before i could raise my hand, hyunjin sat right behind me. our teacher looked surprised.

"do you two know each other?" she questioned as hyunjin nodded.

i nodded as i scratched my nape, "yes, actually. we met yesterday, since we're neighbors."