~Chapter 20: Who she really was~

Start from the beginning

"Could only be you" Robyn quietly giggled, "And i understand how you feel, i really do. But Thomas you can't ever doubt yourself"

"That's hard to do when you constantly keep losing" The boys face looked drained and tired. Leading a group of teenagers was hard, he felt like the cause of everything.

"But Thomas, look how far you have gotten us!" Robyn praised the boy, a small smile appearing at the side of his lips, "Without you, we probably wouldn't be here right now. We saw the bodies Thomas. If you hadn't managed to pull off that escape, which by the way was awesome,we would be one of them. And i'd rather risk my life out here and have a chance, than be stuck in there as a test subject for the rest of my life"

A bigger grin appeared on his face from the girls words. He was blushing slightly at everything she had said, looking down at the floor to avoid embarrassment.

"And think about it" Robyn continued, "You've met someone, a girl you really like. I really nice girl too"

"She's something else" His eyes lit up as he talked about the brunette, Robyn found his reaction one of the cutest things she had ever witnessed.

"You're already hooked" Robyn nudged his shoulder.

"Maybe" Thomas ran his hand across his face, hiding his smile.

"I love it, me and Newt can return the favour. Wing man time" Robyn clapped her hands together, causing the pair to laugh.

"You're the best, you know that right" Thomas looked down at the shorter girl.

"I did know that, thanks for reminding me" Robyn flipped her hair.

"Of course you did. But you seriously are" Thomas grabbed her shoulder, squeezing it, "I don't know how you carry on despite everything the world has thrown at you. You have lost so much, but you never seem to fall apart and give up. You always want to fight and i'm always near to giving up at the slightest hurdle. Robyn you have been through the most and yet you're still there for everyone. How do you keep it together, how do you not just crumble?"

Robyn took a deep breath, "I just learned to hide it i suppose. It gets easier over time because i'm still broken and i always will be. There's too much damage to fix. After losing someone who made your life complete, a boy who took away every ounce of pain, you shatter. But eventually the pain becomes normal. It never goes, it stays,but you get used to it Thomas, i can promise you that"

"Is the boy Chuck?" Thomas looked at her with sympathy, scared his question would upset her.

"That boy will always be Chuck.I don't know how,but that boy managed to fix my broken heart, unlike most people. Newt mended it first. It was like he placed the stitches and held it together, but Chuck took away the scars. Chuck took away the memories that ate away at me. They are sort of numb now, i guess. But when i lost him, it shattered and it was agonising. And the cycle started again, Newt stitched me up, but this time there was no one there to take away the scars. I had to fight alone and i'm getting pretty damn good at it. I couldn't be more proud of myself after realising how far i've actually come"

"I'm proud of you, you know that" Thomas pulled her into his side.

Robyn couldn't think of a better boy to call her best friend. She was so lucky to have such supportive boys in her life, who understood her in each possible way. What made Thomas special was that he had known her for the shortest time, yet he had made the biggest impact on her. Minho would always be her 'older brother' and Thomas would be that boy who she couldn't just call a friend because of the amount of love she had for him, so Robyn would class him as family instead. Because that's what they were, their own family surviving together.