━ 15. Letter from an old friend

Coming out of the underground market with Sirius by her side, Diana's mind suddenly cleared up in a flash. As if the bright light of the sun cleared up her blurry eyes, she could now clearly see all the lines she would have let Sirius cross in less than an hour ago if it wasn't for her last moment's judgement.

She felt like a complete fool.

She was so frustrated and so immensely infuriated with herself that her eyes welled up involuntarily. She pulled down the hood of her cloak deeper and hid her face even more.

She was so angry that she couldn't even look at him.

Sirius didn't notice her discomfort as he walked way ahead of her, still grumbling about his disfigured face. In his mind, however, he felt more or less positive about his relationship with Diana, thinking that they still had a chance of getting back together as he remained absolutely unaware of the woman's internal conflict.

'How can I be such a fool?! How could I let him do that? After everything he did to me, I promised myself that I wouldn't give in and I still...' She wanted to cry.

Of all the bloody things in this world, she didn't want to be weak. Anything but weak.

While it was true that it was the drunk Sirius who wanted to make the move on her at first, she couldn't deny that she probably would've eventually gave in to the temptation if she had a little a firewhiskey in her system too.

'Maybe I wasn't clear enough to him,' She thought with gritting teeth. 'And if he doesn't know the boundaries then I will make it clear to him...'

With disfigured faces and attracting glances from passers by wizards and witches now and then, they walked in silence as Sirius was feeling quite tipsy because of the firewhiskey. He didn't even notice that the auburn haired woman beside him seething.

After a while, they saw Remus.

"There you are, Diana!... And Sirius? What in the world happened to your faces?!" Remus asked, confused and a bit alarmed.

"Long story, Moony," Sirius rubbed his forehead with a frown. "Let's go home for now. Come on, Diana."

Diana said nothing as she walked up to Remus without saying a word to Sirius. Sirius scrunched his brows and threw a glance at Remus.

Remus, who didn't know a thing about what had happened in the dark alley of Kconknurt Alley, just shrugged, thinking that Diana was just avoiding Sirius like before.

Little did he know, a storm was brewing up very close.

_

After they went back to Grimmauld Place, Diana immediately excused herself and went to Regulus's room which she was using as hers for the time being. She just needed to get away from the black haired man as fast as possible.

Sirius frowned at her departure and even Remus felt something was off. She had been showing sudden changes of moods since they met her at the Shrieking Shack- the old Diana they knew was always patient, kind hearted and hardly ever spoke harshly with anyone unnecessarily, and while the present Diana still possessed those qualities, she displayed plenty of volatile and hostile behaviours on many instances.

Both of them wanted to ask her what was wrong, though for very different reasons on both sides.

Sirius assumed that things had improved between them at least a wee bit but Diana's current coldness threw him off. He had started to regret he couldn't control himself back there in the alley. His stomach dropped.

Remus felt lost like a child in the forbidden forest. He had a feeling that something serious had happened and he wanted to know. But the air around Diana felt so scary that he was scared to ask her anything. It almost reminded him of the days in Hogwarts when the ever-soft-spoken Diana used to lose her patience and become too hot headed whenever she was angry with Sirius- which was almost all the time.

The Godmother || Sirius Blackजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें