━ Important note

THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE SO FEEL FREE TO IGNORE THIS CHAPTER COMPLETELY.

These are just some questions I've realized that I should answer.

Why did I choose Sirius Black?

Unlike many people in the Harry potter fandom, I don't regard Sirius black as a completely saint-like (yeah, George Weasley reference intended) character and don't make up excuses for his flaws. He's an interesting, realistic and complex character from many angles but he's also very problematic. For this story, I made up the main character and her backstory first and I decided to pair her up with Sirius so that I could write his character in a way I see him and how their dynamic comes along.

What you won't be seeing in this story?

I won't be projecting Sirius Black in a saint-like (again!) light. Yes, he's a Gryffindor, a brave wizard who was loyal to the Order & his beloved friends and fought bravely for what he believed. He was on the right side, yes, but he also had flaws and many negative qualities that can't be avoided. Sirius's flaws could be understood to an extent but cannot be excused at all. I can make a long list about all his flaws and all the similarities I've found between him and Bellatrix which literally made me question whether he inherited some of his family's evident mental issues. But I won't be saying none of those in this author's note and instead, I'll be portraying his character in a grey light in this story. So that you won't be able to tell whether you like or hate him here.

Why shouldn't you be scared?

I don't believe he's a bad guy and I definitely won't be making him a bad guy. He's my ultimate crush in this entire series, if that tells something. But this is a story where I'll portray him in a grey light and will try to show the layers of his characters I believe he had.

Is this story about a female version of Sirius Black?

NO. Not at all. The female protagonist is not at all like Sirius. She is a completely different character from him. You'll get to know once you kindly go past chapter 9.

Is this story just like the movie or book except a swapped character?

Definitely NO. The story did start from Prisoner of Azkaban and at the beginning, the incidents are just like the books and movies because I had to build up the plot first. I can't just start writing fanfic out of the blue. The base of a story is important even though many fail to realize that. So I had to rewrite a couple of scenes from the books and movies same to same to get you inside the story properly. Hope I have succeeded.

Finally, I have decided to answer all these questions in a separate chapter like this because I've gotten some private and public messages about the plot of the story. Hope I've cleared up everything and you will give this story a chance.

Thank you.

Knox.

_