Love?

A/N: Just want to quickly mention that this is another super short one and im sry. Will try to make more soon. Enjoy!

When Snape and I get to his classroom, he opens the door for me. I pause for a moment, and just look at him in amazement. I think "So he can be a gentleman." He tilts his head toward the room as an indication for me to get inside.

I go in and see Hermione sitting in the front. She waves me over and I take a seat next to her. "How are you doing?" She asks, concerned, "I'm fine now. Thanks...for telling Snape. He comforted me." I whisper, "I thought he might. He really does care for you, you know. I'm almost jealous." She laughs. I smile and give her a playful nudge.

Snape goes to his desk and takes out his wand. He points it towards the blackboard, and letters start appearing. A-m-o-r-t-e-n-t-i-a. Amortentia? The world's most powerful love potion? What is he thinking?!

Hermione looks over at me, worried, and I realize I'm giving the Professor a dirty look. "(Y/n), calm down." She mutters. I relax. Snape sneaks a glance at me. I want to slap him.

As everyone shuffles around trying to make their love potions, mine's already nearly done. Being partners with Hermione has it's perks. We finish it up, and Snape comes over. "Well well. It seems we have a couple quick studies in our midst." He says loud enough so the class stops and pays attention.

"Tell me, Miss (Y/l/n), what do you smell?" He puts a hand down on my desk, and lingers over me. I try not to look up, "Well, Professor, I smell...old parchment, and...lillies?" I become confused. I finally give in to the urge to look at him, and see him wide eyed. "Good. Seems you did well." He says, and walks back to his desk, giving the class a quick glare to tell them to continue working.

At the end of class, after everyone finished their love potions, and told their partners what they smelled, Snape dismissed us. I told Hermione I'll see her later. She waved and left swiftly.

After everyone left and the room was empty, I remained seated and stared angrily at Severus. He quickly noticed and smirked. I wanted to stay mad, but couldn't due to his smile. I got up and went to him, arms crossed. I stopped only inches away from him.

"What, the hell, was that?" I say, trying to pout. "I just...wanted to be sure." Severus says, apologetically. "Be sure of what?" I put my hands on my hips. "That this, us, was real. That you really mean what you've said. That it's not just....a joke." I look in his eyes, and almost want to cry. I feel sorry for him. He actually thought I could just be playing with him? I bring my arms up to meet his body and wrap them around him, holding him tight. He reciprocates.

"Of course this is real, Severus. I've never felt anything more real than this." I say, my voice muffled against his body, "That was a bold and risky move." I continue as I let go of him. "I know. But I needed to know. I doubt anyone caught on." He says reassuringly.

"So, what did you smell?" I ask cunningly. He shows a small smile, "I've only ever smelled one person in that potion. One person whom I've loved for many, many years...until now. I smelled (your signature scent)." I look bewildered for a moment but then, almost instinctively, go in for a kiss. I pull back, "You're fascinating, you know that?" I give him a small peck on the cheek, "I should go."

Just as I say that, I hear the door creak. We both step away from each other, and the door opens, revealing a tall, curly haired Gryffindor boy....with tears forming in his eyes.

"Neville?"