69. Stronger as One

Start from the beginning

I could do this. 

We could do this. 

We were one and we were destined to bring down this psychopath before he wiped out the supernatural world.

I'll be damned if I allow Markolf to take yet another family away from me.

The more resolved I became, the less I felt the pain. Somehow the trust and belief I had in our triad wiped all of it away and gave me the strength I needed to continue. 

I got up to my feet and dusted myself off, my mind back to its normal senses. The cambion was so engrossed in stealing my mates' animal that he didn't even notice as I conjured two huge fireballs in my hands.

"No one harms the people I love and gets away with it, you son of a bitch." 

I lifted my head and stood tall in front of Markolf as I blasted him, thanks to my dragon abilities. The impact was so strong that he dropped the orb and fell backwards, releasing my mates from its hold before they could be separated from Kai and Blaze.

The urge to rush to Aiden and Rafe's side to check on them pulled at me but I had to fight it.

 Instead, I used my newly acquired super-speed to get as quickly as possible to the cambion. Sol's instructions played on repeat in my head. I pulled the pin out of my hair and held it in my hand until it transformed back into the angel blade when the glamour wore off under my control.

Markolf's face was full of surprise when I stood over him. He hadn't even seen it coming—any of it.

"How did you do that?" He muttered, still half-out from the blast.

I contemplated whether to stab him in the heart and turn him into a human but I did not bid my time until now to fail at the final stretch.

My lips tipped into a devilish smirk. "I could tell you but then I would have to kill you," I whispered in his ear as I plunged the dagger into his shoulder enough to paralyse his demonic abilities, and then I pulled the blade out.

I wasn't sure how long I had until the effect of the angel blade wore off so I dashed over to my mates. 

Relief washed over me when I found them both conscious, although they were trying to catch their breaths. When they saw me, their eyes flashed with those familiar flickers of possessiveness and protectiveness. I grabbed both of them and pulled them towards me. My mind eased just from their closeness and their warmth.

"Riley, are you okay?" Rafe exclaimed.

"We had missed you, love," my dragon mate added.

Their words and their voices were music to my ears but I couldn't let myself get distracted- things were still far from over.

I pulled away and both my two Alpha men grunted at the loss of contact. I couldn't blame them- every cell in my body was longing for their touch but this was not the place or the time to give in to my desires. I smiled though at the realisation that I was the one calling the shots in our triad.

"Do you trust me?" I looked from one to the other as I waited to hear their replies.

"Always and forever, mate."

Rafe's statement was so simple but it meant so much to me, knowing how our relationship had evolved since the time when he thought I was some weak human that was going to be a liability more than anything else. Aiden smiled at his best friend and nodded in agreement.

"Give me your hand then." 

I stretched out my open palm in an invitation for them to do the same. There was only one way to release all the spirits that Markolf had trapped over the years and our blood was key for that.