Five

After cooling off from his argument with his friends, Dream stood in the community building, searching through the many chests. 

"Dream..." Came a voice.

"What's up, George?" Dream enquired. His voice was friendly, his posture relaxed, and you could tell there was a smile behind his unnerving white mask. 

"I'm sorry about earlier. I do trust you, I promise. So does Sapnap." George reassured him. "We'll always be on your side. We're friends, aren't we?"

Dream nodded. "I'm sorry for exploding like that. I'm just... stressed out."

"Yeah, I understand. It must be stressful. I mean, you're practically leading this whole ordeal. You have the right to have outbursts." George smiled, lightly touching his friends arm. "It's okay."

"Thanks, George." Dream responded, warmly. "Do you want to come mining with me? I need resources."

"Sure!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wilbur."

"I thought I told you to not interrupt me, Fundy." The president hissed, frustration in his voice.

"You clearly really upset Tommy with that little statement earlier. He rarely lets things affect him like this, so what you said cut deep." The fox persisted, ignoring his father's words. "You need to apologise."

"I don't owe anybody an apology. What I said was correct, and I'm not going to apologise for just simply stating facts." Wilbur stated. The absence of guilt concerned Fundy, but he pushed these feelings away.

"Wil! I don't care how you feel, your words hurt Tommy, our ally. Apologise, before you loose another man." Fundy growled.

Wilbur froze, and his body stiffened. "Leave."

Fundy stood still. 

"I said.. LEAVE!" Wilbur screamed at his son, lifting his arm up.

Fundy flinched and scattered out of the room. 

Wilbur sighed and collapsed back into his chair. His anger was getting out of hand, and it was hard to control at times. He just...saw red and lost control of his words and actions. He took a deep breath and resumed his work.

Fundy ran out of the door and sprinted towards the exit of l'manburg, towards his base. He was trying his best to stop the tears from flowing, but to no avail. 

He arrived in his base, threw himself onto his bed and wept, before falling into a deep sleep.