A Different Ending

Start from the beginning

"William Afton".

"Yes, William Afton. At least it had taste in picking a good name".

"Yes, sir...".

The police chief waved at him dismissively. Ted tried to hide his annoyance.

"You are dismissed, Ted."

He raced out of the room. He very quickly scrawled the rest of his police report and clocked out. He grabbed his keys and jumped into his car. He hated to do it, but he turned left from the police station, and headed towards Fredbear's.

—————————————————-

"Here you go pal, good as new".

William gave the animatronic a companionable pat on the jaw and smiled to himself. SpringBonnie didn't respond. His smile lengthened a little more at that. William felt wonderfully satisfied. Not only had he fixed his creation's jaw, he was also able to wire in a power switch. It looks he was able to get that working.

"Take that, dickhole!" He flips off the Fredbear animatronic next to SpringBonnie. The machine doesn't react, the reflection of William's middle finger laying unnoticed on the animatronic's eye. William let go of his momentary, bated breath. He's glad this Fredbear doesn't say anything. He likes that he can make him unable to respond.

"You're flipping off the bear again I see."

William spins around to see a smirking Teddy. He returns the greeting with two middle fingers.

"Aren't you supposed to have a warrant to get on my premises?" He quips jokingly as he jumps down from the stage.

"Aren't you supposed to be respecting my authority as your sole protector against jail?" Teddy snarks, his smirk melting into a shit-eating grin. He gives William a healthy pat on the shoulder and sits down at one of the tables left of the stage.

"Glad that you can take shit." William comments offhandedly.

"I'm glad you give me shit. Hero worship is for losers".

"Fuck, you're telling me".

"Ah.... yeah. Sorry".

"What? Naw, it's fine. He's gone now anyways. And you're an asshole".

"Fuck off." Teddy gives the bird back to William, who sticks his tongue out at him in retaliation.

William takes a seat next to the officer. He scans the restaurant thoughtfully, appreciating how much more neat and cared for the place seemed. He never remembered it looking this nice in the past, when it had been he and Henry had been running it.

Teddy eyed him seriously. He brought a hand up to his mouth and coughed. William didn't so much as snap into focus as more than slide into it.

"The place looks good. A lot cleaner, even compared to last week." He begins shortly, not quite meeting William's eye.

"Thank you." William narrowly replies, noticing the officer's shoulders tensing.

"There's something I need you to do, William." He explains.

"What something?" He replies blithely, leaning forward stiffly against the table.

"My guys, my higher ups I should say, are getting suspicious about this place and about Henry Miller. Hardly any evidence of him exists. We've only been able to retrieve one or two photos of him as an adult and any ties that I could try to find between him and victims have been paper thin, at best".

Teddy pauses at this point. He could already tell this wasn't going to be easy. William was already looking extremely tense, almost like a cornered animal.