𝐂𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞.

____________

On a sunny day at Hope's Peak High School, a certain purple-haired detective was in her father's office speaking to him about the current predicament.

Her father placed his elbows on his desk and went into a thinking pose.

"So you're saying this... "Zaychik" person, hacked through the Academy's firewall and has managed to... get ahold of the entirety of the school's information...?" he asked, summarizing what his daughter had told him.

Kyoko nodded "Correct... Luckily, from what we've seen while they spoke to us- they aren't exactly hostile and they haven't showcased any malicious intent." She explained, giving her father a nod.

"They are... somewhat calm. And the only threat they've sent us was just a a SWAT team coming to the school."

The father sighed, "A 'SWAT' team...?" his daughter nodded in response.

"They sent me an encryption. Telling me it was a little "game" they wanted us to play... apparently from what they said, it contains most of their information as well as their identity."  Kyoko explained to him, putting the word "game" in air quotes.

Her father had his eyebrow raised with interest, "Have you been able to decipher any of it so far?" he asked.

The detective shook her head, "Only a tiny bit thanks to my classmate, the Ultimate Programmer. Even she's been having trouble working with it. Unfortunately, the bits we've gotten so don't give Shuichi and I any solid clues to the answer."

The Principal sighed, he sounded a little annoyed if anything.

"Has this "Zaychik" given any clues through the group chats?" he asked, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Kyoko nodded this time, "We've gotten two so far. One being their name "Zaychik" and another being a photo that was sent to Class 77's groupchat,"

The detective showed him the photo, "According to Makoto, the girl in this photo is a user from Instagram, her name being in her profile." she explained.

"Her name "Zaychik" also is the word "Bunny" in Russian, as said by Komaeda from Class 77 and Ouma from Class 79. But that could just be because of her username of Instagram,"

Her father looked puzzled, "She looks... very familiar." he said, squinting his eyes at the picture, before turning his swivel chair towards a nearby shelf full of files.

"Give me a moment, Kyoko," he said, walking over to the shelf. His pointer finger glided across the tabs of each file, observing the titles and looking for a specific one. Until he finally stopped and pulled out the bright yellow file from its spot on the shelf.

The Principal opened the file and flipped through its contents.

"What is that?" Kyoko asked, walking over to her father.

"This is the profile of a girl who was scouted for Hope's Peak Academy. She was supposed to attend here." he explained, turning the piece of paper around and walking back to his chair.

Kyoko found herself confused, "Supposed to? ...What happened...?" she asked, standing beside his chair as he placed the file down.

The picture on the profile was of the same girl. Except, she looked a little younger than she did in her photos on Instagram.