Drama Story lines

K-Dramas often have common story lines. But that never stops me from watching them. You will always find a chaebol who has a poor secretary. Or two individuals crossing each others paths who had a past. The girl with amnesia who forgets about a murder and the killer who is behind her. The list can go on and on.

These story lines no matter how monotonous they sound, they always differ one way or the other. The portrayal of the characters by the lead actors and actresses in the dramas almost give a different prospective to the audience. I think that's what is alluring and keeps us curious to know what happens next. The setting and visuals also play an important role to keep it away from the mainstream. The writers also don't forget to add unexpected twists and turns to the drama. All these I think, is what keeps a drama unique.

There were two dramas which I had watched quite recently called It's Okay Not To Be Okay (No, not the Demi Lovato Song) and Hospital Playlist that completely won my heart. They have mainstream setting but again the writers were able to make it different. These two shows have been engraved in my hearts. Literally!

Not gonna give spoilers, but It's Okay Not To Be Okay is again about two individuals with a past connection. What caught my eye was the fairy tales that the writer (that is, the actress) writes and each of them had such a beautiful moral that touched my heart. Over all, the drama takes place in a psychiatric hospital where a love story blossoms with a nurse and a patient with Antisocial Personality Disorder. The trailer looks dark and haunted but once you give the drama a chance, you will definitely love it.

The next favourite of mine which I found a bit different was Hospital Playlist. It is by the director Shin Won Ho who is also famous for the Reply series. This was my first ever drama of the director and I really wanted to watch it. It is a drama about five friends with the themes of medicine and music. Some of the old popular korean songs have been covered by actors and singers. Music was the main reason why I watched the drama and I am now earnestly waiting for season 2.

So these were the two dramas which although had a mainstream storyline, they were able to integrate other genres and make it really fun to watch. There are other dramas that didn't conform to the mainstream that I liked such as Good Casting, My Horrible Boss and The Girl Who Sees Smell. These sure stood out of the crowd for me.

xoxo

Do you know about any dramas which integrates genres and is quite a masterpiece? Tell me your recommendations in your comments.

Three Parks And A Choi- My Never Ending Korean SagaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara