It's dark back there, only the light of the screens and the front window illuminating him, but it's all he needs to get the work done. The only other equipment by him, is the chair he sits in, and a small duffel bag filled with weapons. Guns, knives, even explosives if needed. Harry reassured me that they won't be used, but they never know if something doesn't go to plan. Even if something is mapped out meticulously, there's always the chance of not making it out with the loot. This being my first official robbery with the team, I can't help the anxiety that courses through my body and infects my mind.

Zayn is with the security from the Tower Guards helping to escort the ring, while Louis is in the store as an apprentice. Babz is arriving on her own and parking in the opposite direction to us; she has her own part to play in this drama. Niall remains at the Tower, keeping a close eye on things to make sure they aren't alarmed too soon about our activities. If all goes to plan, they won't know until we're long gone. By that point, the only conclusion they'll be able to reach is that it was stolen before this day. We'll be the ghosts that were there but not seen. Spirits lingering in the air.

I'm sat in the front with Harry as he drives, his hand on my leg the entire time. Every now and again he'll give my thigh a quick squeeze as my mind wonders to darker thoughts. He brings me straight back to him. When I look at him each time, though I see worry behind his eyes, on his lips is a small smile. Not one that conveys any happiness, but one to reassure me that everything will be alright. We'll be alright.

Even last night he'd tried to talk me out of helping, but my role had been built into the plan now, it would be idiotic to change that. If I'm being honest, despite the nausea I'm feeling, it's outweighed by the sheer adrenaline of what we're about to do. We're going to steal one of the Crown Jewels in plain sight, without any of them realising. The team has infiltrated every area it needed to, and once we have the ring, the rest of the collection will be within reach.

History is not made by the people that follow the rules. While they stick to their routines and remain in a cycle of simplicity, there are others that allow themselves to dream. In our wildest fantasies we create stories of grandeur and legacy, we part the seas, we slay the dragons, we are reborn. Our minds concoct the greatness we're destined for, and when we wake we strive for it. What makes a compelling story is the risk takers, the adrenaline junkies, the people that want to completely flip the order of things. Today, we are making history. No one can stop that.

As we pull up on a curb a few streets away, a police car turns the corner at the end of the road, making its way to the jewellers. They must have just arrived too. George is busying himself in the back, connecting to the framework of the security and making sure all our earpieces work so we know when our queue is. It will probably be around twenty minutes until I'm needed.

It's quiet for the most part, only the sounds of George's typing sounding through the van. Harry's hand is still on my thigh, but his eyes are trained on the street outside. I take a moment to examine his features. Under his eyes the circles are darker than usual, the lines of his forehead somewhat more creased than usual. I wonder if he gets like this before every robbery. When I first met him, he made me believe otherwise. They all did, in truth. A fun little activity between friends. This feels entirely the opposite.

One of my hands move from my lap to rest on his, gently pulling at his fingers so ours can link together. We seem to be finding ourselves doing this a lot lately, just to show the other that we're there if needed. Harry only has one task to complete, but he feels the weight of everyone else's on his shoulders. They work under his leadership, after all.

Upon feeling my hand clasp his, he finally turns his head to face me. His breathing is heavy, while mine remains soft. He is harsh and I am smooth. The dynamic that has been in place since we first met. However, part of me thinks the roles are beginning to reverse, or at least meld into one. I don't have a problem with either of those options.