Chapter I: Crime of Earl (Part I)

Another sunny morning, being proven where the sun can be clearly seen in the blue sky with birds chirping a happy melody outside the fancy estate. The sunlight seeps inside the room where three people are currently inside, two young men and a fair maiden. Y/N gives a small smile in gratitude after Louis poured a cup of her favourite tea for her before he proceeds to give one to his brother, who's currently sitting on a single sofa by the window across from her. He seemed to be deeply engrossed with the news present within the newspaper that despite having his eyes unable to be viewed, his displeasure is still clear.

"Finally, the seventh victim... Frightening Citizens in the Face of the Mysterious Abuser, huh..." The small smile that was present on his features immediately disappeared before he informed to them the unfortunate and gruesome news that he had read.

William scanned the title of the news article written on the newspaper while Y/N calmly sips her tea, enjoying the flavour.

"Such a terrible incident, isn't it, Big Brother William?" Their remaining companion then gave a commentary as Louis softly places the tea cup with William's tea on top of the small, stand table beside the sofa before he proceeds to stand properly near his brother afterwards.

"Treating young boys as toys and brutally killing them at the end." A shadow casts upon William's eyes once more as he bitterly muttered, securely gripping the newspaper with his right hand while his left elbow is resting on the armrest, making his left hand be placed on top of his crossed leg.

"I can't believe a human being would do such a thing." Louis gingerly frowned while responding his own sympathising of the unfortunate fate the innocent children had experienced.

Y/N places her teacup delicately on top of the saucer that she held in her non dominant hand, brows furrowing in displeasure before mentioning. "People can do things that are inhumane."

William nods in agreement, proceeding to add a supporting statement. "That's just what humans are."

He goes back to reading the newspaper where it said that some citizens are already growing discontented with the police not taking action with the incidents.

Louis leans in a little to properly read the contents before informing. "There are clues that are probably in the article."

Y/N casually shrugs and proceeds to take another sip of her tea as William spreads the newspaper on top of the rectangular wooden coffee table in the middle while Louis takes a seat at the vacant sofa located near one of the table's ends.

"Do you notice anything by looking at the jobs of both the boys and their parents?" William asked his younger brother, who in return starts to list the jobs as he was requested to do so which revealed to be clock smith, hatter, jeweller, horse keeper, tailor, and an unknown job for the last boy's father, but the boy himself was a messenger.

"People wouldn't want things that they've never seen. They would want things that they've seen." William shared as a form of enlightenment for the two while he intertwines his hands altogether with both of his elbows resting on the armrest.

Louis blinks in response to his remark, not seeming to fully understand it.

"Louis, the omelette rice that you make is excellent." Y/N complimented after she takes a small bite of the said meal that was placed on a small table by her right, chewing slowly with her mouth closed to further enjoy her consumption and temporarily focusing on it.

"I miss it every time when I'm hungry, even when I'm not at home." Immediately agreeing with her positive remark, William gingerly smiled as he meets his younger brother's surprised gaze from receiving each positive remark from the two.