"Hey, Remus?"

"What?"

"What if we don't make it back?"

"Well if we're not home someone will probably come looking for us."

"But what if they get lost too."

"Virgil chill I don't care if you're panicking right now just do it quietly we'll be okay."

Virgil sighed and nodded, and the pair continued on the path.
-

The two sides continued for a while but didn't seem to be making much progress. The two stumbled across a dead-end with red splatters everywhere.

"Remus is that blood!?"

"No?"

"This is not the type of question to be answering with a question!"

Virgil looked around wondering how they got turned around. Remus' face lit up and he exclaimed,

"I have an idea!"

"Great let's hear it." Virgil said sarcastically.

"It involves fire."

"Absolutely not." Virgil shook his head and crossed his arms.

"Fine..."

The hairs on the back of Virgil's neck stood up and he turned around. When he turned he saw a group slowly walking towards them. Virgil turned to Remus and whispered,

"This isn't good."

"How can you tell?"

"See how they're slowly surrounding us? And they all have guns, knives, and I think that one girl has a machete!"

"Oh." Remus said unconcerned.

Virgil started freaking out and the group stopped about 6 feet away. Up towards the front, a tall individual spoke up,

"What are you two doing back here?"

Virgil was so afraid he could not speak so he hopelessly looked to his boyfriend for help.

"Sorry, we were on a walk and got lost do you know how to get to the clearing?"

Another person piped up.

"How do we know you're not spies from the Spades?"

Virgil and Remus look confused and the tall person from before spoke again.

"Cats right we should tie these two up, Danny go get the purple one I've got the green one."

"Yes, ma'am!"

Remus summons his mace and Virgil slinks back behind him. The leader walked forward pulling a pistol out of her coat. Meanwhile Danny also started towards Virgil. Remus waited till she gets close and swung his mace but she ducked and tried to kick his legs out from under him. Remus jumped and swung again hitting her this time. She fell to the soil groaning, she attempted to get back up but Remus hit her again.