Chapter 20

Once Levi was finally done greeting everyone his father raised a glass getting the attention of everyone. The band went silent and people stopped dancing turning to the king who smiled at everyone. "It's nice to see everyone could make it, tonight my son will announce his engagement, and we all finally get to meet his beautiful bride—," Eren who was along with everyone else, blushed at the words, if only he knew Eren was a guy. "—Let's raise a glass to him, his bride and the bright future of Maria, to Maria," the king said taking a sip of his drink followed by everyone saying "to Maria," before taking a sip themselves. The music picked up again and people started dancing again while Levi made his way down the stairs.

Eren was used to alphas looking at him though it made him uncomfortable he knew he had people who would protect him but it wasn't until Sasha pointed it out that he realized people weren't necessarily looking at him for his scent but the fact he looked drop-dead gorgeous. Eren blushed at the comment Sasha gave him having people walk up to him mostly strong-looking alphas trying to get with him but he always politely declined, while some alphas growled and stormed off, others smiled politely and walked off, while some tried to get touchy before Hange would step in.

Once the king was done with his toast he watched Levi walk of the stairs as he made his way through the crowd to meet Eren at the bottom of the stairs his hands placed in front of him against his abdomen, his cheek slightly pink, a small smile on his lips his eyes slightly looking down all of a sudden turning quite bashful.

Levi slowly made his way towards the end of the stairs being met with Eren standing there all bashful looking beautiful as ever in an amazing dress. He quickly ran down the last few steps of the stairs and watch Eren blush when he finally stood in front of him. "Fuck...," Levi said under his breath placing his index finger under his chin and made Eren look up at him his thumb rubbing his chin softly. "You look gorgeous," Levi said before placing a hand on Eren's back out of the corner of his eyes watching his friends giggle and smile at the two. "You look very handsome," Eren said still flustered. A bit confused Eren watched Levi take a step back and grab his hand. Slightly bowing down Levi placed one hand on his back while the other softly caressed  Eren's soft, small and tanned hand. He pulled Eren's hands to his lips feeling eyes of multiple people on him, alphas, betas, his father and mother. All of them watched as Eren blushed and their prince kissed the 'girl's' hand. Pulling away and standing up again he was met with Eren's ocean green eyes sparkling in the candle light smiling at the alpha in adoration. Wrapping his arms around Eren he smiled down at the omega leaning in and kissing him placing both his hands on Eren's back holding him in place. He was a bit taken aback by the kiss but quickly kissed back placing his hands on the alpha's chest.

"I can't believe after tonight, you don't have to go home at night," Levi whispered in Eren's ear pressing a kiss on his earlobe. "LEVIIII," Hange yelled running over for what two and hugging them both. "Oh you two look amazing together," she said engulfing them in a big hug. "Hange calm it," Historia said pulling the excited woman off the two. Erwin walked over to them holding Armin's waist. "Now that's new," Levi said looking at the two. Armin immediately blushed and turned away from them. Erwin shook his head and Levi got the hint changing the subject.

"Come on its your first dance together let's go let's go, let's go," Hange pushed them to the center of the ballroom. "You don't have to if you don't want to," Levi whispered in his ear placing both hands on the boys back. "Don't worry, I always had to dance with my mother I have my fair share of experience," Eren giggled placing his hands on the alphas neck. The band started play a soft song and they both started moving. Eren looked around seeing Erwin and Armin, Mikasa and Annie, Sasha and Connie, Ymir and Historia all dancing. Eren turned back to Levi was was smiling studying Eren's face closely.

"You really are beautiful," Levi said in his ear watching Eren wrap his arms around his neck tighter leaning into the alpha's touch softly moving to the music coming from the band. Levi smiled resting his head on Eren's wrapping his arms around his waist instead of just letting his hands rest on the boy's hips holding him as close as possible taking in his sweet peach and vanilla like scent. "I'm so happy," Eren mumbled slightly pulling away looking up at Levi. "I love you," Levi said before kissing Eren. Eren smiled into the kiss before slightly pulling away. "I love you too," Eren said before returning to their previous state. Levi's head resting on Eren's, letting the boy lean against him, in his arms. Secure and safe, Levi was never letting go.

Once the song ended people applauded both the band and the people dancing before the band started playing more lively music again. The two bowed at each other like everyone did before hugging. Levi pulled Eren away walking to their friends who were smiling and laughing just casually chatting. The two joined in on the conversation smiling. Levi didn't think a lot when he realized Eren was clinging to him a bit more, thinking it was because he was a bit uncomfortable from Alphas looking at him so he just placed a hand around the omegas waist continuing the conversation. The alpha also didn't think to much about Eren's scent increasing and becoming more heavy and stronger. It wasn't until Hange pulled him away form the crowd and Eren that he realized something was up.

"You have to get him out of here," Hange said at a reasonable distance from Eren his scent hanging a bit thinner in the air. "What why, he hasn't even met my parents," Levi asked confused. "How have you not noticed, it's been about a month or two since you picked him up from the cabin right," Hange asked looking at Levi who just nodded still a bit confused.

"Levi, he's going into heat, he's clinging to you more,slightly panting, his scent is incredibly heavy and thick, I'm not just saying this for us, but also for Eren, look.. even Erwin is struggling to ignore Eren's scent, look at all these alphas, more than half of the people in this room are looking at Eren like he's a fucking meal," Hange said pointing at different alphas staring at Eren with hunger in their eyes some already walking over to the boy as Erwin stayed close to Armin who knew what was happening. "I'll get him out of here," Levi said making his way through the crowd to Eren who was looking at another alpha in confusion, who had his hands on his hips.

"Y-you're not Levi," he said under his breath softly panting. "No I'm not, but you smell incredible," the alpha said as Eren's friends tried to get the man off of Eren. It wasn't until Levi showed up and pulled Eren against his chest that the alpha quickly backed off and walked away. "Come on let's get out of here," Levi whispered in Eren's ear who eagerly nodded turning to Levi clawing at his clothes. Levi excused himself and walked out through the staffs entrance quickly making his way to his bedroom avoiding his parents at all cost.

Neither Levi or Eren noticed the king and queen looking at their son leave with Eren. "I'm not blind, I don't know why he thought he could deceive us, that sure as hell is not a girl," the king said annoyed, disappointed and slightly angered. "Calm down sweetheart, we'll get an explanation," Kuchel said rubbing her husbands arm. "For now let's enjoy the ball, we can speak to him in the morning," she said smiling kindly at him.