So why is he here?

The question was in the tip of my tongue but was quickly cut off by his abrupt tug on my hand as he guided me under the light of the kitchen.

So I guess he's not much of a talker at night? Noted.

Following his gaze, I assumed he had been examining my knuckles this whole time. I altered my stance and leaned on the counter, watching silently as he picked up my other hand and checked out the rest of the bruises.

After a while Javier used his thumb and swiped a feather-light touch over my knuckles. It hurt and he clearly tell from my expression. Quickly pulling his thumb away, he let go of my hand and moved around the kitchen, grabbing ice cubes and wrapping them in a spare cloth before coming back to my side.
Holding down on the cloth, he grabbed one of my hands again and pressed it down lightly, meeting my stare as he did.

This time, his blank expression finally cracked when the corner of his lip lifted into a half-smile, "I hope you don't mind me doing this Athene. I know that your more than capable of icing your knuckles."

I stared at him like an idiot. He laughed and broke me out of my daze, I smiled and looked away from him. The silence was more comfortable now.

Well, that was until I broke it.

"You're not going to ask what happened?"

"Not unless you want me to," he mumbled, shifting the ice pack over a little.

I sighed remembering the events from earlier. Visiting Bellamy twice, fighting Naomi, seeing Leon-

Holy shit. I saw Leon.

"I saw Leon earlier."

Javier's eyebrows rose, "...and you beat him up?"

"What? No, I beat up Naomi."

He glanced back down, his raised brows falling, "Oh."

"Oh?" Nothing else?

"Well yeah, knowing Naomi she probably said something way out of line." He shrugged and moved the ice pack to the other hand, "You don't get angry easily Athena and when you do it's for valid reason. Plus, I'm guessing that you gave her a damn good wake up call with how bruised your knuckles are."

A smile pulled at my lips, "Honestly, I think might've broken her nose."

Yeah you definitely punched Naomi only, not like you punched a wall or anything.

We won't speak of that.

Javier listened as I started to ramble on about my day while finished icing my knuckles, of course I left out certain things like my breakdown after seeing Bellamy and my breakdown after the fight out. It was obvious that certain parts of the story weren't there but he acted as if there wasn't and nodded along here and there.

"What happened when you saw Leon earlier?" Jav asked, dropping the cloth on the sink.

"Not much," I shrugged and pushed off the counter, heading back to the bedroom area and gesturing for him to follow me as I spoke, "I was being dragged away from Naomi by Dante and I saw him through the elevator mirror just before it shut. We stared at each other for a literal second and his eyes were practically popping out of his head, so I'm assuming he watched me punch the hell out of my cousin."