sixty one

THIRD PERSON POV.

The Ferrari brothers sat uncomfortably in the hospital chairs, silently listening to the two heart monitors that was seemingly driving them to the brink of insanity. Their muscles were stiff, their hazel eyes had been supporting dark circles, and slight frowns had been the only expression etched on their faces for the past 72 hours.

It's been three days since they rescued the trio.

After Bellamy was shot and Athena passed out due to being overwhelmed, the three had been immediately transported an actual hospital, where Bellamy was immediately rushed into surgery and Athena and Neptune were brought to another wing of the hospital to be tended.

On day two Neptune had woken up in hysterics, heart beating erratically and taking rapid breaths.
Scared she would over work her self, the nurses held her down and gave her a Midazolam injection to lure her back to sleep.

Before she had fell into unconsciousness, Neptune muttered that she wanted to be with Athena and Bellamy and seeing as if she couldn't be with both, Nicolo made sure she had the next best thing. With the expense of threatening a few doctors, -alongside Carter and Dominic- they were able to have Athena and Neptune in the same hospital room.

Currently, Adriano and Demitri sat side by side on the uncomfortable couch near the window, which overlooked hospital grounds from the fourth floor. Giovanni sat between both hospital beds, making sure both girls could easily be in his line of sight, and Elias had been sitting at Athenas side, her hand gently enclosed by his, silently reading a book to pass time.

The Bad Boy and the Tomboy.

Hours before the rescue, when Nicolo had them collect few of their belongings, Elias had caught sight of the book sitting on his nightstand. He wasn't sure when Athena had left it in there, possibly one of the nights that she slept in his room due to their insomnia episodes overlapping.

When ever it was he didn't care, for the passed few hours he had blocked everyone and everything out; zoning himself into the world of Macy Anderson and Sam Cahill, his hand only leaving Athena's to turn the next page.

All four brothers patiently waited for their father and younger uncle, both in which had went to grab them all food and a black coffee for Demitri — who happened to busy himself through the day (and majority of the night) with paperwork.

As unfortunate as it is, the world keeps spinning and the work continues to pile.

Stepping into the room, Nicolo's lips twitched into a frown.

Yes, he was over the moon to have his daughter back but not in these circumstances, not when his sons where loosing sleep waiting for their sister to wake up and not when his daughter was unconscious in a hospital bed.

Trailing in behind him was his youngest brother, Dante, carrying half of the trays of the bland hospital food for himself and his nephews, his hazel eyes sweeping over the room and mimicking the same expression as Nicolo.

Giovanni had been sleeping with his head tilted back in a way that would definitely cause a strain in his neck later, Elias had detached his hand from Athena's to flip the page to his book before immediately returning his light hold on her slim hand, Adriano was glancing out the window, viewing the 6am sunrise, and Demitri's eyes had been glued to the MacBook screen in front of him.

The had all seemed detached, like that had no actual grip on the situation.

And they didn't.

ATHENAS POV.

There was an obnoxious beeping coming from beside me and it wasn't long before I started to become irked by it. Lightly sighing, I started to open my eyes, flinching a bit at the bright light.