Dinner was nothing short of wonderful food and even better conversation. Lucius brought out a special bottle of wine that he had been saving. When Severus asked what the occasion was Lucius told him the special occasion was a beautiful evening with his two favorite people. He even made a toast.

"To my oldest and dearest friend and to our sweet Ms. Granger. Who brings light to this old house and to these two old Slytherins."

Severus chimed in. "Speak for yourself Malfoy, I'm not old." He snarled and turned the corner of his mouth up in a smile. He winked at Hermione and she let a sneaky smile creep across her face and blushed.

A few minutes later Hermione stood up and asked who wanted dessert? "There appears to be a lovely cherry pudding with our name on it." She walked over to the antique buffet and spooned some into little crystal bowls. She placed one in front of Severus and touched his shoulder. "Would you like more to drink Severus?"

There it was Severus thought to himself. Jasmine. Her smell surrounded him. His heart rate picked up a bit. "No, thank you. I think I've had enough."

"Nonsense." Lucius topped off his glass with more wine.

It's not that Severus couldn't handle his drink but he was afraid he'd be less likely to control his roving eye.

After dessert they retired back to the study. The fireplaces had been lit throughout the manor. Lucius offered Severus another drink but Severus declined. Lucius knew that wasn't like his old friend. It was painfully obvious Hermione was getting to him. Lucius made up a reason to excuse himself from the room saying he forgot a bank transfer he needed to take care for Draco before midnight. Something about the time in Japan.

Severus stood. "I should probably get going too. It's getting late."

"No, please stay. I think Hermione needs to talk to you about something." Lucius looked over to her. He could see that her breathing had picked up. Severus said nothing but once again noticed a shift in the air. His eyes followed Malfoy as he crossed the room, touched Hermione's arm and kissed her forehead. He leaned down and whispered something in her ear. He then kissed her on the lips and left the room. Severus sat back down. A few minutes passed. It was obvious Gryffindor courage was being tested.

"Are you going to keep me in suspense Ms. Granger?"

Hermione looked up from her glass and met the potions masters black eyes. She felt like she was back in his classroom and he was waiting for the answer. Only this time the answer was stuck in her throat. Hermione always thought Severus looked so elegant in his teaching robes, the tall man with his perfect Cupid's bow lips, his dark smoldering eyes, his black hair that just touched his shoulders. She imagined his large hands roaming her body. How does one tell her former professor that she wants him to fuck her brains out.

"Ms. Granger, I am a Legilimens."

Oh fuck, did he just hear what she said. Hermione was panicking inside.

"If it would be easier for you that is." Severus offered.

She sighed in relief. "No, I can say it." She stood and picked up her glass of wine. "Are you sure you wouldn't like another glass of wine?"

"Should I have another glass of wine?" He asked.

"I would feel better if you did."

Severus nodded. Hermione poured him a glass and sat next to him on the sofa. She passed it to him, his fingers brushed hers. The small touch did not go unnoticed by either of them. Hermione sat facing him, her knees touched the side of his leg. Maybe he underestimated her Gryffindor courage.

"This is awkward for me to say. I don't want to make you uncomfortable either." She looked up at him.

Severus put his hand over the top of hers. "You could never make me uncomfortable Hermione. Just say what it is that's on your mind." Snape watched her body language and could see her breathing deepen, his eyes traveled down her body. The rise and fall of her chest was starting to give her secret away. She was so beautiful. Hermione licked her lips, took a deep breath and put her glass on the cocktail table. She took Severus' glass from him and sat it next to hers.

"I want you to know Lucius and I have discussed this with each other." She took another deep breath looking down at his hand over hers. "I've, well - I've had feelings for you." Snapes eyes widened. Hermione continued. "I think you have feelings for me as well." Severus said nothing and waited for her. "I think about being with you." She confessed.

Severus looked down to catch the witches eyes. "You've discussed this with Lucius?" He said in a tone of what sounded like disbelief.

"Yes." She paused choosing her next words carefully.
"Lucius said you've shared witches before."

He looked around the room, feeling a bit of shock at what was coming out of her mouth but also he felt a twinge of excitement. He was glad it wasn't just him that was thinking about her. But the idea she and Lucius had talked about it had him metaphorically scratching his head.

Severus took in a deep breath, looked back to her and pushed the curls off her shoulder. "Hermione, that was a long time ago, and it was just sex. Is that what it is you want?" Severus paused and thought to himself. "I'm not sure I'm the right person..."

Hermione cut him off. "I'm sorry, I'm not being clear. That's not what I'm wanting. Severus, I'm trying to tell you I want you. The way I want Lucius."

Snape leaned back on the sofa and rubbed his hands over his face. Hermione pulled both her legs up under her and sat on them facing Severus. She leaned into him placing her hand on his chest. He looked down to where the witch was touching him then turned his head to look at her. He placed one hand on top of hers and one around her neck. He looked at her, his dark eyes sparkled in the the firelight. He held her gaze for what felt like forever.

"Please say something Severus." Hermione's voice was soft. Snape had never felt more attracted to her. She looked impossibly beautiful. He wanted to take her right there but knew he had to talk to Lucius first. He didn't want to jeopardize his friendship or the happiness that Lucius had found.

"I just have some questions." He said.

Hermione laughed. "Lucius said to just let it happen organically but I told him I needed clarification."

Snape smiled to himself. "No wonder he likes you. We're very similar Ms. Granger." He captured one of her curls in his finger. Snape wasn't one to confess his feelings if that was what she was looking for but he wouldn't deny them or his impulses. Lucius obviously was ok with it, he left the room so she could confess.