21 | New Feelings

Start from the beginning

Standing up Jinhee and Jungkook bid goodbye and prepared to head home, this time Jungkook volunteering to drive and Jinhee sat calmly in the passenger seat looking the window to see Park Junseok scratching the nape of his neck, exposing a slight glimpse of tattoo that marked his skin, though it caught Jinhee's eye she decided not to pay much attention and instead told Jungkook to drop her off at her friend's house.

"I know I have no place to say this but could ask why?" he questioned at Jinhee's sudden decision.

"I need to just collect some stuff and she may be able to help us" nodding his head, Jungkook appreciated your efforts and dropped you off at the given address, which was none other than yours.

"I'll collect you when you're done so just text me" he smiled at her as she jumped out of the car and head towards the gate not forgetting to greet the security guard.

"Good afternoon Miss Park!" he greeted bowing, "Mi-Jeong Ma'am is here today, she's been coming every day" he informed Jinhee, who thanked him and headed to her apartment.

A smile plastered both Mijeong's and Jinhee's face, looking like identical twins, "Mrs Park, I'm so happy to see you" Jinhee hugged her tightly. 

"What are you doing here?" the older woman joked, accustomed to Jinhee's absence.

"I needed my room for today, got to work on a case" Jinhee laughed as Mi-Jeong let her get to work.

"I wish the best for any work you do" She shouted, "my daughter" whispering the last part as Mi-Jeong smiled lightly.

-

Hours passed with Jinhee sat at her desk, desperately hacking into different systems, prioritising the top businesses, though she didn't manage to get through many, the ones she did gave her a shock. 'Park's Pharmaceuticals' - 2nd in the world of business in Korea following closely with 'Jeon's Biomedical Lab'

Her suspicions rose at the name of Parks, she knew way too many Park's but her heart raced rapidly at this company name, 'I have a strong feeling that this business has something to with this case', without wasting a second she texted Inseong every little detail she obtained, who instantly got to work.

Jungkook:
I was wondering if you are done, I'm a bit bored.

Jinhee's phone pinged as an indication of Jungkook's texted, completely oblivious of the time, which read 7:43 PM. Realising how late it was she messaged him to pick her up. 

-

By the time, Jinhee packed the stuff she needed, Mi-Jeong had left for her own house but not forgetting to leave a sweet note for Jinhee: 'Remember to eat all your meals and stay healthy! :)' smiling at her affection Jinhee slipped the note into her pocket and headed out. 

The sky was covered in faint visibility of stars, not many but enough to shine through the night - the one thing she loved about winter was how early it gets dark, the slow winds blew against her clothes, while her hair danced gracefully with the lightness of the wind. 

"Hey!" Jungkook surprised her, "I was so bored today" he felt the need to inform her, finally admitting how much her absence affected him.

"As if you probably got an excuse to play on your computer all day" she laughed, to see Jungkook pouting, "okay fine, I guess I missed you too" Jinhee spoke. Jungkook murmured a low 'liar', which didn't escape Jinhee's hearing range, but chose to ignore. 

The ride was nice and quiet, at least until Jungkook attempted to initiate a conversation but the ringing of Jinhee's phone interrupted him, "sorry, I'll have to take this one", seeing it was Inseong, Jinhee automatically knew it had to be important. 

"Jinhee, I-I"

"I-I, what Inseong? get to the point" 

"I found out something about your parents" he breathed out.

A/N: 

FINALLY  CAUGHT UP WITH MAJORITY OF MY WORK JUST GOT TO PRACTICE FOR MY TESTS FOR NEXT WEEK BUT GOT BORED TODAY SO WROTE A CHAPTER. Something little special for Valentine's day. 

DRAMA!!!

I know for the next few chapters there will be A LOT GOING ON but it is all linked, and the book is over half-way through even though it may not seem like it.

See you in the next chapter!!!

TBC 

18/02/2021