Chapter 23 (Vansh's POV)

Start from the beginning

"You just did now." I made a pause. "So, how are you doing?"

He shrugged. "Good. and you?"

"Let's just say I have a lot of pending work to finish."

"Oh okay." He started to look around the room.

"Before you tell me why you're here, I have to ask you something." I said.

"Okay. What is it?"

"Are you here as Inspector Kabir Sharma or the-one-I-met-and-knew-on-the-cruise Kabir Sharma?"

He furrowed his eyebrows and asked "What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means: are you here as an inspector and me as a prime suspect or are we her as friends?" I don't know why but I was hoping that he'll say that he came as a friend.

He thought about it for a moment and said "Well, are you really stupid or are just acting like one?"

"Now, what is that supposed to mean?"

"It means that I'm here as a friend."

I smiled, and relaxed a little bit when he said that, because... I wanted him to be here as a friend, a friend whom I... like... to spend my time with. Yes, a friend with whom I like to spend some time with. I realize that I was getting lost in my thought and Kabir was raising an eyebrow at me, so I cleared my throat and said "Okay, now we can get to the reason you came here to meet me"

"Yes, of course. So, I think you remember when I kicked your butt while playing pool."

"Is this how you put it? I say, when you lied to me that you don't know how to play it."

"I said I didn't remember, not that I didn't know how to play it. But this is not the point. The point is do you remember that you lost a bet?"

"Yes."

"That's the reason I came here. I want to spend the day with you. So... When will I get the honor to have a day out with you?"

"Wait, I have to check my schedule, before saying anything." I got up and went to take my iPad where I got all my schedule.

"So... this week I'm not free at all, with all the cruise vacation.... But next week on Friday, I don't have any meetings."

"Okay, we can do it next Friday"

"Let me write it down." he waited for me to write the date, before speaking.

"And, pl-" he got interrupted because he received a notification.

"Don't pay it much attention, it's the notification that you've got to spend your day with me." he burst out laughing. My heart did a big flip when I saw him laughing. And seeing him made me smile. What. Is. Happening. To. You. Vansh Raisinghania? Why do I behave like this when he's around? I smile, I feel happy, my heart always flutters when he smiles or laughs or even when he makes a sarcastic comment on me being a rich brat. Why do I keep thinking about him? Why? "Why are you laughing?" I asked, still smiling.

"Notification...day... with you" he said in between laughs. He laughed for two minutes, and then calmed down a little. "Don't tell me I'll get a notification one day before and another one one hour before."

"Yes, you will." he started to laugh.

"And why do I get these notifications?" He said when he stopped laughing.

"In case you forget about it." I said in a duh tone.

"Oh, my God. You are unbelievable Vansh Raisinghania!" he exclaimed. "Like, how can I forget that I'm having a dat-" he stopped, cleared his throat and continued, "I'm going to spend a day with you." After some seconds, something clicked in his head and he narrowed his eyes and pointed a finger at me. "But how can I receive a notification from you who doesn't even have my phone number or anything?"

I smiled. "I think you are forgetting that I'm Vansh Raisinghania. I can have anything I want. And it's not like I invaded your privacy by getting your number, I made Angre search for your gmail." He nodded his head, and before he could say anything about it, I said "Okay, let's not talk about this. What were you going to say before you got interrupted? "

"Oh, yeah. I wanted to remind you that you HAVE TO wear informal clothes. And you CAN'T bring your bodyguard Angre. He's so... how do I say it? Intimidating?"

"The Inspector is intimidated?"

"It's not like I'm intimidated, but the way he looks at you, you know with the stoic face. I don't like it. So, you won't bring your bodyguard."

"He's not my bodyguard."

"What exactly is his job then? He's always around you."

"He's a friend." I said, shrugging.

He made a confused look, and shook his head. "Whatever. I want it to be just me and you. No bodyguards, nothing."

Just me and you. Those words. Those words ignited something inside me that made me say "Okay."

I really don't understand what's happening to me.

"Do you at least have informal clothes?" I shook my head. "Not even a simple T-shirt?" I shook my head again. "What? Do you also sleep with these clothes?"

"No, I wear kurta pajama, for that."

"Thank God, at least you do something normal." After a moment of silence, he stood up. "I got to go, now. See you next Friday."

"Yeah, and Angre will send you the address to the resort we'll be meeting."

"The resort? What resort? No, no, no. We'll not go to any resort. I'll send you everything. You are going to spend a day like a normal people do, not like businessmen do."

I didn't say anything and stayed there, listening to whatever he was saying.

"I'll need your number, if I want to tell you the place and time."

"Wait." I took a piece of paper and scribbled my personal phone number on it and handed it to him. I have many work phone numbers, but he's not a work, he's... a friend. Just a friend.

"Bye, Kabir."

"Bye." he exited the room and I sat back on my armchair. Closing my eyes, I let my mind think about him.

Please VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.