"I bought this at the shop you were staring at yesterday when we went to the village. I hope you like it." Douma explained with a smile. You blushed at what he did and said so you did something you didn't know you would do.

You kissed Douma on the cheek.

"Thank you Douma-kun. I will cherish this forever." you said with a smile to which Douma blushed and let out a grin. "Hurry back home (Y/N)-chan, we'll be waiting for you." Douma exclaimed as he went back to your house and you continued on your path with a red face.

'Wahh I kissed him on the cheek! This is embarrassing!' you thought as you placed your hands on each side of your cheeks as you felt the warmth coming from them. "It's getting dark, I got to find some firewood." You told yourself as you held your axe and began to find some wood.

Timeskip

You were walking back to your home with enough wood to keep your family warm for tonight. You gripped the basket and began humming a tune as you immediately saw your house from far away. It was weird when you can see anything far away and even tiny details around you. Your brother Kai finds it funny and calls them 'Eagle eyes'.

You stopped in your tracks and your eyes widened. There lay your mother outside on the snowy ground as blood was pooling around her body. You dropped your basket and ran towards her to check and find a pulse. "Mom! What happened here?" You whispered out when you felt no pulse coming from your mother. Tears began to fall from your eyes as you looked at your house and ran inside.

"Akira! Kai! Douma!" you called out in a panic. You found your brother's corpse on the corner of the living room. His lifeless eyes boring into yours. You placed your hand on your mouth as you muffled out a sob. You found Douma laying on the patio with Akira beside him, his hat laid a few feet away as blood scattered around them. 'Who would have done this?!' you thought as you went towards them.

Tears fell from your face as you held your little sister's cold hand. "I'm sorry. I couldn't keep our promise." you whispered out as you cried. You went towards Douma and checked on him. Your tears stopped as you inspected him. "There's still a pulse! I can still get him to a doctor in the village!" you exclaimed as you wrapped your haori on him to keep him warm. You gently wrapped his arm around your neck and your other hand held his torso as you began to support him as you both quickly went down the mountain.

Since Douma was twice your size it was difficult to carry him down the mountain. As you were running down the mountain, you heard some growls coming from your friend. "Hang on Douma, I'll get you to a doctor." you reassured but the said male began to move. He leaned towards you, his weight making it difficult for you to move. You let out a scream when you slipped and lost balance as both of you fell off the cliff.

You opened your eyes and saw no injuries on your body. 'The snow must have saved my fall. Wait, where's Douma?!' you thought as you stood up and looked around. You saw Douma standing in front of you, his hair covering his eyes making you unable to see them. "Douma-kun, are you alright?. Let's take you to the village and get help from a doctor. You're still injured but I can support you until we get there." you exclaimed but there was no reply. "Douma-kun?" You called out as you let out a shriek when he tackled you to the ground.

Douma grabbed both of your shoulders as he tries to bite you. You were quick to react as you grabbed your axe and blocked it, the handle of the axe is in between his mouth making him growl as you struggled to push him off you. You noticed the fangs on him as his eyes has the word 'upper moon 2' written in kanji. His hair has gotten longer and it has a small circular blood stain on top of his head. 'He's a demon?!' you thought. 'I'm so sorry I couldn't save you.' you added as tears began to fall off your eyes.

"Douma-kun! Please hang in there, Douma-kun! Don't give in!" you cried out as you continued to struggle from Douma's attack. "Don't turn into a demon! You gotta stay strong! Hang in there!" you yelled out as a tear fell on your face. You let out a quiet gasp as you saw Douma not attacking as tears formed in his rainbow eyes. You saw someone running towards you two with their sword raised, about to kill Douma. Douma sensed it as he turned to look and quickly rolled you both away from the attack. The attack created a mist around you two and the stranger.

"Get away from the demon, child. He might kill you and eat you along with other humans." The man said as your eyes widened when you heard him refer Douma as a demon. "He's not a demon! He's my friend! He wouldn't kill! He won't eat other humans either!I'll find a way to cure him!" you yelled out. The mist disappeared as you saw the man. He wears a blue cloud patterned haori and his face is covered by a tengu mask. "There is no cure. Stay away from it or you'll get injured." the man exclaimed. Douma's figure went towards you as the man panicked and launched himself forward about to attack. He stopped as he saw Douma hugging you in a protective stance. "(Y-Y/N)-chan." Douma spoke out as tears rolled down from your eyes.

"Douma........Douma-kun!" you cried out as you hugged him, making him hug you tighter.

'The boy is heavily injured. He must have drained vast amounts of strength as he transformed into a demon. Not only that, he is already an upper moon, indicating he can easily kill her if he desires. He's severely starved at this moment, without a doubt. I wonder, if these two might be different than the others.' The man thought as he sheathed his blade and went towards you two.

"What are your names?" the man asked. "My name is (Y/N) (L/N). And he is Douma." you replied as you let go of the hug. "I am Sakonji Urokodaki. I'm sorry I didn't arrive earlier, there could still be a chance that I could have saved your family." the man now known as Urokodaki exclaimed. You shook your head and told him it was alright but you blame yourself for not being there to protect them. "How would you like me to train you to become a demon slayer?" Urokodaki asked. This perked your attention. If you become a demon slayer, you might get to find a cure to turn Douma back into a human.

"I accept."

And with that, you blacked out.