25. Sad but Happy

Start from the beginning

I stand up from my seat and walk towards the door to great the Gonzalez's. They are visiting us today to eat dinner and talk about some important matters.

"Welcome!" I greet Leila and Demetrio, giving him a hug.

"Good evening!" Demetrio greets.

"I have finally seen you two together again." Leila says, pointing at Alessandro and I, making me blush.

They follow us to the dining room, while Lily shares few stories of when they first arrived here. I take a seat beside Alessandro, leaving Demetrio to sit at the head of the table. Even though, this is my house, I have a huge respect for older people and Demetrio being like a father to me, he has to sit there.

"Thanks, dear." He thanks me. I nod.

We start eating the food Ezekiel made, which by the way, is delicious. I still cannot believe that Ezekiel endured working for me. I mean...I was pretty hard on him at first. I remember this one time when I heard him telling Annie that he wants to quit, but she convinced him not to because she knew I loved his food.

Ugh...Annie.

If only you knew that I was right about Rebecca all that time. I am really glad that Annie is no longer here because I couldn't take her disappointed face when she learns that Rebecca is worse than before.

"Amy..." Lily's voice pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Yes, sweetie?" I reply, as everyone's attention is on us now.

"Can I call you, mommy?"

I sit, frozen to my seat, as the whole room becomes silent. Lily kept looking at me, waiting for me to say something. Was I happy that she wanted to call me mommy? Absolutely. Was I nervous of Alessandro's reaction? Definitely.

I clear my throat and glance at Alessandro to ask for approval, when I find him smiling like an idiot. I quickly glance at Lily and say, "do you really want to?" I ask softly. She nods.

"Then, you can call me, mommy." I smile, as she cheered and stands up and runs towards me for a hug. I hug her back with much excitement as hers.

"What have you done with my daughter." Alessandro teases.

"The real question is, what has she done with both of you." Demetrio says, making us all laugh.

* * *

After dinner, Leila stayed with Lily in the living room, while Alessandro, Demetrio and I talked about certain matter in my office.

"Are you sure we are safe?" Alessandro asks.

"I am—" Demetrio replies and continues, "—I have kidnapped everyone who is a member of the circle and investigated them. No one is involved from them—I also talked to few small mafias around Sicily and made sure no one touches any of you. You also have their protection and mine."

I sign in relief.

"Thank you, Demetrio. So much. I don't know what would I have done without you." I say, hugging him. He means the world to me and without him, I wouldn't have gotten rid of my past.

"Your welcome, mi hija." He replies, hugging me back.

"Can I have a hug too?" Alessandro jokes, making me chuckle at his playfulness.

"You get to get more than that." I wink at him.

"Okay, both of you are acting like Mia and River, and it is annoying." Demetrio cringes, making us laugh. He leaves the office back to his wife.

"Now that we are alone..." Alessandro murmurs, grabbing me by my waist, holding me tightly.

"Don't even think about it." I say, firmly.

"Why?" He pouts.

"I am playing hard to get." I smirk, pushing him back and leave the office.

I walk back to the living room and I could hear footsteps behind me. I see Lily playing with Leila and I smile at the scene. I hope one day I become like Leila. She had endured so many things, yet she is still standing up on her feet and having a smile on her face. She is so lucky to have Demetrio and I am so lucky to have Alessandro. Well...they are also lucky to have us.

"Mommy!" Lily squeals once she sees me. She stands up from the floor and runs towards me, hugging my legs. My heart flutters at what she said. She called me mommy and it is taking everything in me not to cry in happy tears right now.

"Baby." I kneel to her level and give her a kiss on the cheek. She giggles and glances at her father before running and hugging him. She whispers something in his ear, making his cheeks turn red.

I am so curious now and I want to know. Why do they keep whispering? God...

"Amalia, honey. We have to leave now, but I'll see you soon for sure." Leila says.

"Thank you for coming and for everything." I say, hugging them both.

"See you and take care." Demetrio says and they leave.

Once they leave, I close the door behind them and turn around and walk to the living room. I see Alessandro and Lily playing on the floor with Lily's barbies.

I walk towards them and sit on the floor beside Lily. Alessandro sends me a smile before looking back at the dolls.

"Amy, I am baby, you are mommy, and he is daddy, okay?" She commands, handing the dolls to each one of us.

I nod shyly and we start playing together.

* * *

Hey guys! I hope you like this chapter!!! Two more chapters before the story ends. I really hoped to write more, but unfortunately, I feel the story is good here.

I hope you liked it ♥️

Word count: 1615

* * *